Reply to Thread

Thread: Next larger update

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland

Next larger update

We now have gotten a pretty decent new chunk of stuff to do.
    So I am putting this out here to give some ideas for the coming year.

1: Let's have a poll.
    Make sections for each adventure type (Co-op, mini, scenario, normal, epic, etc etc)
    The top vote of each section gets rebalanced (aka the least interesting one) over the course of the next year or less.
    2: A more permanent idea to fill the gap between Easter and Halloween for an event.
    3: A permanent parking spot or whatever idea floats people's boats for generals.
    4: Maybe a way to make farms and watermills into Improved versions (either for a gems cost or resources)
    5: More demo crew (either in events, in shop or guild market)
    6: Deleting is fine and all, but with the amount of useless things you guys like to shove into gempacks, at least give people something for deleting them. (I am referring to this years suprise box -_-). So maybe some resources for certain buildings (like angel statues tyvm ...) and MF for adventures

These are my top 6 of things for the next year (till the next large patch I suppose)

What I really would not like to see:
    1: lvl 7 buildings. It's already costing a fortune to make lvl 6's.
    2: Even more new "improved" buildings. (I like the imp farm and the Imp watermill, but let's keep it at that especially since they will probably go into the gemstore at some point probably ... I'd actually prefer if they would stay event only items)
    3: New adventures (we already have a ton of old ones no one likes to do so I'd rather see them redone, takes less time for you guys too)

Well hope more people add their ideas of what they would like to see.
    So post your ideas if you want, but let's not trash other people's idea's or start a mudslinging contest in this thread :P

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    How to define "least interesting adventure" is a tricky one. Some enjoy periods of being popular then go out of fashion then come back again. Some get done for the challenge. Some players specialize in doing those the rest of us ignore.

We then have the question of re-balanced how ? To one player some drops are useless to another player they are absolutely essential.

On the idea of a permanent event between Easter and Halloween I have to ask do you mean every year or just years ending in a odd number.

A parking spot for generals just how big a spot was you thinking of ?

Lvl7 buildings, sorry that bird has already flown the coop.

More new adventures not a rehash of old ones.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Did you miss the "poll" when I spoke about adventures? lol
    aka people vote from a list which one they would like to see changed.
    Up to BB to make a change then and how. Not necessarily in loot.

In years where it is needed.

yes there are the lvl 7 gem iron mines.

Other then that, nothing yet, like to see it stay that way.

New adventures is pointless when people have dozens of adventures never done anymore (like co-ops)
    Even Wild Mary which suppposedly can drop pumpkins this year: unsellable and never see anyone asking for it.
    tbh never seen anyone looking to buy it or even ask for it in my guild.
    So way better to redo old adventures so more people play them then make new ones (Arctic explosion anyone?) that just get added to the list of adventures no one does.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd still like to see an adventure recycler, either giving map fragments or a random adventure based on the "recycled" adventure.

Alternative upgrade building costs would help the game too, instead of a fixed price.

If each adventure had its own rare building and a reasonable chance of getting it (not the <2% bone church / angel gate / witch tower) I bet they would be considered instead of ignored because of bad loot high losses.

Mini-quests in the shop might be a good idea too, without time limits. Complete a chain of quests for an extra reward at the end, similar to The Four Winds and The Fallen Army quests we had some time ago.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    1. A reason to keep grinding to 75, lots of reasons to stop biggest reasons being bugs and lag.
    2. More adventures after Arabian Night.
    3. Events completely reworked not just redo last years.
    4. Better communication of future plans for game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The picture we have of how popular adventures are is skewed by the guild quests, again and again mid level players are asking for Iotp not because they want to do it but because their GQ calls for it. We know Iotp is scheduled to be replaced by Wots, when that happens it will become more popular but it's not going to be popular by choice. Personally I would like to see no single player adventures in the GQ's as they do little if anything to encourage the feeling of guildship. All they do is generate a feeling that your reliant on hand me down's from higher level players. All they do is present a res sink to those who are struggling to acquire the res to do other adventures, adventures which would be more popular if the lower level players had the chance to do them. By the time you have leveled up enough to have the infrastructure to handle such a res sink in such a way as to have the choice of doing other adventures at whim that res sink disappears as you no longer have to do single player adventures for GQ's. Also by the time you have leveled up those adventures you wanted to do are no longer attractive as you are now able to do adventures more in line with your higher level.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I'm all for re-balancing of some of the ` least popular' adventures, and like the idea of popular vote...however I can see a flaw or two in your proposal:
    Firstly we know that BB can sort of do a player vote, they do one for the guild market, but this has shown not to be open to all, some get the chance to vote others do not.
    Secondly, your proposing to allow BB to make the changes in the re-balancing, * coughs and splutters, They are the ones that created the adventures in the first place, I'm sure they already consider them to be balanced, especially as they have already rebalanced them once already with the November weapon removal. It is clear they do not consider the rewards on offer from the various types of adventure ( XP, resource, etc ) as not matching the troop loss or difficulty that players do. Until they do get the same perspective, they stand very little chance of getting it right, and I mean in both of making them too popular ( Too good for players ) or remaining un popular and star clutter.
    Thirdly, we as players have to remember that the adventure system has to cater for all levels, those players new to the game would probably not get a fair shot at the vote. Long term high level players may no longer see the value of Horseback or Dark priests as they don't give the return for their time, but they are essential for early levelling. If because they are no longer `popular' by the majority of `voting high level players' there is a risk that lower levels will be unfairly restricted in their progress through the game. ( I think the reason IoTP was removed from merchant was it was too easily exploited by higher levels for the granite, and now newer players have suffered because of it )
    I'm sure most players here can offer solutions to all the flaws I've high lighted, But we are not talking about players, we are talking about the dev team who have their hands full Bug fixing old and new content, out dated and limitations of media, and with their own sights set on producing new and future content for an ever demanding and knowledgeable player base. I would love to be able to sit down and think ` Oh I fancy doing a SotV, Gunpowder or wild Mary today' without the feeling that it was not going to be a waste of my time and little island resources. But the truth of the matter is I don't think this is going to happen any time soon, and by the time it does I'll probably of found one of the Ali Baba's that I can do that gives the greatest return ..... just before it gets nerfed.
    +1 for the general idea though
    +1 for the recycling of unwanted stuff ( or build a unique building made up of various recycled decorative items, always wanted a castle which I could build over time in one special plot which could be customised to add individual character to my island. Recycling other items to add towers, gate house, etc would fit in nicely to this idea.
    +1 for Bluesavanah No 3
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread