Reply to Thread

Thread: Price for helping Friend find collectables?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Lightbulb Price for helping Friend find collectables?

should be nice to see how many collectables a friend have and need (can be in same spot as inventory bar on top of screen is when home)

Should be nice to have a price to help him maybe a coin for each 1 you found (or somthing like that maybe for finding last one or each 10 you find)
    just trowing my idea's out there for you to catch

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Assuming BB get it absolutely right and bug free first time this will lead to the farming of inactive accounts, getting it wrong going by other games I have played you are looking at massive lag, roll backs, melted servers and that's just the nice side effects.

Say you visit one friend every 5 minutes, how many 100's of coins a hour would that be if your friends list is big enough. Certainly enough that we would see instant hyperinflation in trade prices to match.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mandrake View Post
    Should be nice to have a price to help him maybe a coin for each 1 you found (or somthing like that maybe for finding last one or each 10 you find)
    What is wrong with these ppl! why wouldn't u just want to help a friend? money, money, money, drives me nuts!

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mandrake View Post
    should be nice to see how many collectables a friend have and need (can be in same spot as inventory bar on top of screen is when home)

just trowing my idea's out there for you to catch
    I'm glad you're not my friend.... lol

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Assuming BB get it absolutely right and bug free first time this will lead to the farming of inactive accounts
    How? You visit an inactive island, you highlight the collectables... they don't respawn until the person logs back in (although the highlight, I think, does disappear after a while) so if they stopped the highlight disappearing there could be no farming. Once they're found, they're found until the person logs back in and the collectables respawn.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmian View Post
    How? You visit an inactive island, you highlight the collectables... they don't respawn until the person logs back in (although the highlight, I think, does disappear after a while) so if they stopped the highlight disappearing there could be no farming. Once they're found, they're found until the person logs back in and the collectables respawn.
    I take it then that nobody has ever asked you to keep their island active by dropping a single buff on it each day, doing this should be enough to trigger a re-spawn after 8-14 hours allowing another set of collectables to be tagged.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I take it then that nobody has ever asked you to keep their island active by dropping a single buff on it each day, doing this should be enough to trigger a re-spawn after 8-14 hours allowing another set of collectables to be tagged.
    It does not affect collectables. One of my friends for example has still Christmas bells and stuff on his island.

World
    Northisle
    If you have no one on your friends list or in your guild who is willing to help when you ask, you need better friends/guild.

Also, why would a guest gain extra rewards for finding collectables when the person's who owns the island gains no extras?

Really not seeing a good side to this idea.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    that about a price whas just speculations...
    i have friends i help each day and i did not know collectables did spawn when the player whas offline i trought they did spawn when the player was online

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Had to check calendar to check it wasn't April 1st. You need to find friends, not folks on a list.

Reply to Thread