Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Stacking Feature for Star Menu

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Stacking feature is great and seems to work very well.

The ability to choose how many resources from a particular stack to add to the mayor's house is good, but the most common option will be to simply "add all".

An excellent improvement would therefore be to add an "add all" button rather than having to click at the far right end of the resource bar, then clicking OK.

Alternatively, as a simpler solution, the default for how many resources to add should be "all" not "zero", as currently. ie, the resource bar should default to the far right, not the far left.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Stacking feature is great and seems to work very well.

The ability to choose how many resources from a particular stack to add to the mayor's house is good, but the most common option will be to simply "add all".
    I suspect that is an incorrect assumption. When I add settlers I leave a bit of space for my village schools etc to fill. When I add resources I usually add a few more than I need to eg build the recruits but leave the mayors house no more than half full- that way there is room for my continuing production.

But I rarely add 1 of something so defaulting to "all" would be an excellent further improvement.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Alternatively, as a simpler solution, the default for how many resources to add should be "all" not "zero", as currently. ie, the resource bar should default to the far right, not the far left.
    Great suggestion, totally agreed.

World
    Sandycove
    An excellent improvement would therefore be to add an "add all" button rather than having to click at the far right end of the resource bar, then clicking OK.

An 'add all' button could work. As for where the slider is positioned, I think it's fair to assume that there is no correct position for everyone in every circumstance. An 'off the top of my head' count I use all about 50% of the time. So no matter where the bar is, I'll have to move it about 1/2 the time.

It doesn't bother me at all actually, it's such a trivial thing that really doesn't enter into my game play that much.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the default value of 1 could be there for safety purposes. No harm is done if you accidentally/automatically click accept with the default value and think 'oops' but if you do it with max value its irreversible and can be very costly, ie. refill wrong deposit with everything. I also think that adding everything at once is also a lot rarer use case now days since you can accept mails directly to storage and many use star menu mostly for reserve stacks which you usually apply only partially.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    An 'off the top of my head' count I use all about 50% of the time. So no matter where the bar is, I'll have to move it about 1/2 the time.
    That's not really true, is it? Unless you use 1 of the resource the other 50% of the time, you have to move the bar 100% of the time now that it starts at 1. :P

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    I think the default value of 1 could be there for safety purposes. No harm is done if you accidentally/automatically click accept with the default value and think 'oops' but if you do it with max value its irreversible and can be very costly, ie. refill wrong deposit with everything.
    Exactly this. I'd much rather misclick the default setting and add '1' than misclick and add 'all' of something.

The same basic thing came came up a while back with Prov and the Barracks where a mistake of '1' generally costs only a few resources and some minutes, but messing up and clicking a default setting of 'all' can be very costly and time consuming.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice one, loving the new stacking feature.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Now if only there were not 2 stacks for meat refills. One stack for PH and one stack for RPH. Surely just meat refill!

World
    Sandycove
    "Now if only there were not 2 stacks for meat refills. One stack for PH and one stack for RPH. Surely just meat refill!"

deer musk fragrance and gamekeeper snack may be meat refills to you and me, but the game quests are specific to each so would have to be changed. BB have yet to master changing old code without major bug incorporation. In light of this one more category in the resources window given the over all reduction of clutter, is something I can live with

ps Apologies for not putting your quote in `forum quotes' but my option seems to not want to work this morning....a forum bug?
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread