Reply to Thread

Thread: Economic overview question

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Economic overview question

Hello,
    I have maxed my warehouse limit for bread but in the economic overview tab the water usage still shows 14k water/12hours
    being used by bakery. I thought that when bakery no longer was using water for bread this would be reflected in the
    in water production/use in the economic overview tab. Am I wrong...???

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    you will find that the economis over veiw is a s bugged as the rest of the game.....

World
    Sandycove
    Are the bakeries actually sleeping or are you just full in the warehouses? If the bakeries are not sleeping they will still be making bread and it will just be lost. Sleep all the bakeries and then look again, I haven't seen that kind of problem before.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Not actually correct.
    Bread production has stopped and the bags of flour are increasing.
    This is just not reflected in the economic overview tab
    BB ?

World
    Newfoundland
    Production does indeed stop and no, this is not reflected in the economy overview unless you actually stop those buildings.
    Think of it as it showing you what your economy WOULD be making if everything you have turned on is functioning.
    It shows what your economy is set up to make, so allowing you to adjust it, without fiddling with turning things on and off. and if you remove some resources from storage, you know how much you will still be making.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    If the bakeries are not sleeping they will still be making bread and it will just be lost.
    Not true, any buildings production will just go on hold until there is some space within the stores, then the settler will begin his walk. The only way a resource will be lost is if there is enough space for 3 resources and the settler is carrying 5... the 2 over max capacity will be lost, and the settlers working cycle will star over again.

This is a basic mechanic that many buffers use to their advantage.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    Not true, any buildings production will just go on hold until there is some space within the stores, then the settler will begin his walk.
    It's the same thing. If during a given period of time a building is not bringing something to the storehouse then I consider that "lost time". The net effect is the same - over x time I have produced 0 new - that can be called 'lost' as far as I'm concerned.

World
    Newfoundland
    It's the same thing. If during a given period of time a building is not bringing something to the storehouse then I consider that "lost time". The net effect is the same - over x time I have produced 0 new - that can be called 'lost' as far as I'm concerned.
    Time may well be lost, But bread is not lost. its very much still there waiting to be deposited. The two are very much different.

World
    Newfoundland
    If the bakeries are not sleeping they will still be making bread and it will just be lost.
    For someone who doesn't know better or quite new to the game, this reads as resources are just lost, vanishing.. If that is true, Then it would be safe to assume that the intake of the raw resource would continue to be used in the production cycle (as the building doesn't then pause) While not a drama for wheat/flour/water/bread... It could then create doubt with far more expensive chains... for example the intake of gold ore... while a semi new player wouldn't worry about a bit of flour (or maybe they would), they may well panic if they think there precious gold ore is vanishing...

So yes the comment is inaccurate, resources are not lost. the building itself goes into a sleep mode until space becomes available within the storehouse.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    So yes the comment is inaccurate, resources are not lost. the building itself goes into a sleep mode until space becomes available within the storehouse.
    I think this is just semantics but I get your point. It's also the case that some players might consider the building 'sleeping' as something they need to 'wake up' at some point.

The message is that as soon as space is available production will continue as normal.

Reply to Thread