Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Amount of collectibles

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    It's very odd the varying results,
    I have found none on the new islands (since the last patch) but my numbers have returned to 'normal' (in the middle 20's) and I'm getting a reasonable (subjective) amount of Christmas ones.

It's stunning this isn't more even across the players.
    I found the number of collectables was back up after the change, but the Xmas collie spawns were dismal yet again. Had to buy a lot in TO on 2 servers just to complete the achievement. there was also the 'classic' bias against at least 1 type on each server.
    Too may days were like this: 24 collectables spawned, all 24 barrels.
    You woukd have hoped that after 3 years the Devs could have worked out a better system than this, the game does not do "random", it stinks at it and basing events so much on these "random possibilities" does not work.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    I found the number of collectables was back up after the change, but the Xmas collie spawns were dismal yet again. Had to buy a lot in TO on 2 servers just to complete the achievement. there was also the 'classic' bias against at least 1 type on each server.
    Too may days were like this: 24 collectables spawned, all 24 barrels.
    You woukd have hoped that after 3 years the Devs could have worked out a better system than this, the game does not do "random", it stinks at it and basing events so much on these "random possibilities" does not work.
    Mostly agreed. I think I did ok on the Christmas ones but I don't know what a reasonable target is .... 1 X-mas for every regular? 2 to 1. I think there are varying expectations. I was able to get several lots of presents (with some trading to offset having a few too many of one type but not enough of others).

As far as the general distribution there are days where it seems it's in the mood for one type over another. But on the days it's food carts and kettles and such to me it makes up for when it's all barrels and herbs.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Collectibles spawn only 15 ?

Hi,

I just noticed from last update until today the 2 spawn on my island is Just and only 15 not less not more, and before last event i was get at least 18 - 28, seriously, I think you make 2 times maintenance to fix Collectibles issues and its getting even worst !!

And I think this reported in another thread, but i can tell that Collectibles hide under rocks, and buildings (like wells, farms, wheat fields, and so one) and this happened once with me in SE adv too.

World
    Newfoundland
    I may have spoken a bit too soon, sorry about that. I have had 17, 18, and now 26 colls per spawn after my last post in here, so I guess it is fixed after all, but I am watching it closely to see

Maybe it is one of those, fixed for some but not all bugs.
    Last edited by LordBosse; 07.01.16 at 12:13.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm seeing anywhere from 17 or so up to the high 20's. So for me it seems to be working like I expect.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah, still keeping track and check, and it seem to be between 17-26 atm, so back to normal I think, not sure though...

Reply to Thread