Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Amount of collectibles

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nice that you are trying to fix it now.
    But honestly. We tried to tell you at start of Halloween event. We even warned you that you needed to fix it or change the Xmas event. We got no comments back at all. In the end you finally just gave us the achievements. Much easier to fix things before event starts. At least that gives you a lot less irritated players.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    TBH I have had colls drops of 9 - 12, rarely more, since the level cap was raised. I was annoyed but thought it was just more BB being mean and making us work 'harder'. It will be a delight to get a fix though.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Hm. Didn't change much did it? This update today? 4 of 23 were christmas collectibles (it will take a week to finish that quest - for only 10 presents!?) and still no collectibles at all on the new land...

World
    Northisle
    Finally. 27 after the extra maintenance.

None on the new islands.all it was in the main island.
    Last edited by GAT_akiss; 16.12.15 at 11:37.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Low drop rate also affects those of us without the new islands yet. Gingerbread is really really low compared to the others

World
    Sandycove
    Copied from previous edited post to keep it easy to find:
    4th spawn from clearing archipelago. Main Island 23; Archipelago 0
    5th spawn from clearing archipelago. Main Island 17; Archipelago 0
    6th spawn from clearing archipelago. Main Island 17; Archipelago 0
    7th spawn from clearing archipelago ( Christmas event started ) Main Island 21; Archipelago 0 - Reindeer a nice touch if you can do this why can't you fix collectibles?
    8th spawn from clearing archipelago. Main Island 26; Archipelago 0 ( pre 2nd fix )
    9th spawn from clearing archipelago. Main Island 27; Archipelago 1 ( post 2nd fix ) Hmmm, undecided, as it still doesn't seem proportional
    10th spawn from clearing archipelago. Main Island 26; Archipelago 0
    Last edited by Larili; 16.12.15 at 23:50.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Newfoundland
    wasnt there 40-50 collies per spawn last year during xmas event?
    i remember making 10 presents in mayors every other day..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Yeah, last year it was around 40 collectables per spawn, and many xmas collectables among them. Your lucky to get 5 out of 20 odd at present!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    23! That's very nice.

The percentage of Event items remains quite low with 4/23, much much lower than last year certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    wasnt there 40-50 collies per spawn last year during xmas event?
    i remember making 10 presents in mayors every other day..
    Yep. Spawns in the 40s were normal for people with no clouds left on the main island while counts in the 20s were normal for my island since it still has some cloud cover. Unless there's a jump in the totals everyone reports after this fix then it looks like the overall numbers are still very definitely down from last year.

Out of curiosity last night, and to make sure I wasn't misremembering, I found a friend who's been inactive since then. When I stopped hunting I'd found 27 Xmas collectibles and 13 regular on her abandoned island, there may well be a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    9th spawn from clearing archipelago. Main Island 27; Archipelago 1 ( post 2nd fix ) Hmmm, undecided, as it still doesn't seem proportional
    No spawns on the new islands is apparently intentional, according to a few posts on the German forum. Seems a waste not to integrate the two parts of the game and rather frustrating. Be nice if it was rethought.

Any chance that 1 on the archipelago was on the little bump of a peninsula just below s1? It's inside the Big Island bollards and a popular and confusing spot for collectibles.

World
    Sandycove
    No spawns on the new islands is apparently intentional, according to a few posts on the German forum. Seems a waste not to integrate the two parts of the game and rather frustrating. Be nice if it was rethought.

Any chance that 1 on the archipelago was on the little bump of a peninsula just below s1? It's inside the Big Island bollards and a popular and confusing spot for collectibles.
    I can't be 100% sure of the scarecrow position on the xxl islands, as I have sector markers turned off, it was in the region though I recall. I'll reinstate the sectors if it occurs next time.
    As for it being intentional that collectibles do not spawn on xxl, I do not buy that one bit. There were collectibles on there through out the clearing process, which means it was part of the original coding ( intentional or not ). If it was unintentional we should have been told at the time, as to leave them there and not tell us would imply a deliberate attempt to mislead players as to one aspect of increasing land area. ( Collectibles have appeared on cleared mountain areas )
    I know there is more value to clearing xxl than just an increased area to find collectibles, be it in making them easier to see or having more of them. But it seems totally illogical to have an expansion to the game and then penalise the players, in any part, for their efforts to play it, and with the three islands `pay' for it.
    This has to be a bug by all logic, if they go on to call it `intentional' because they can not find or solve it, I'm sure others like myself will see it for what it is, a very poor excuse for a lack of ability on the Dev teams part. If it IS intentional it is badly thought through let alone implemented, they need to change their minds. They use terms like `balance' yet adding a 2nd barracks without an increase to collectibles to make additional buffs for that barracks, isn't keeping the game balanced by any imagination, a quick glance through TO shows that already.
    I'll consider this a bug until I see a proportional increase in collectibles compared to the increase in land claimed or available from the original island, and that they are spawning on all that land. Its not a game breaker, but I am feeling a little cheated the way things stand, as I am sure others are as well....and that is not good in a game...is it Dev team ?
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread