Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Amount of collectibles

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle

Unhappy Amount of collectibles

I have cleared most (all but 1 sector) of the Archipelago and now I'm getting very, very little collectibles.

Since the Halloween event is over, I am only getting single-digit amounts of collectibles, the lowest having been 6 yesterday evening.

As I know other players are getting 20+ collectibles per spawn, I would kindly request this to be fixed - preferrably before Christmas, because we'll end up with exactly the same problem as Halloween when it comes to collectibles inequality.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

If the problem was that some find 40 or 50 a day I am sure it would have been fixed by now
    But well no harm in trying again. again......
    I cleared my Archipelago. I have a very crowded main island and I am level 54.

This is my spawn from the last week: 8 ,10, 12, 9, 8, 6, 8
    My highest spawn for last month or so is 13 - my lowest 5.
    Did some math on my drops compared to someone with high drops and mine is on average 47% lower.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    +1
    Including the contents of a post I put at the end of Halloween thread, because it will be lost there now.

/include
    I didn't notice this at first, due to the random nature of the numbers that spawn. As with all statistical data you need a sufficient quantity to do any kind of realistic analysis. That said it has now been several weeks since I started on the archipelago, so...

Since revealing and taking my first archipelago sector I have never seen as many as 20 spawns and frequently far less, suggesting that 7-14 is indeed around the mark. This lesser amount is also spread over a larger area making the searching longer with potentially even less collected overall (depending on your search stamina).

This has lead to one guild-mate who is level 44, with no archipelago uncovered, finishing the Halloween achievement some 9 days before me. As with Sharpielein I am not too concerned about that, I am however concerned that the longer this continues the worse it is for those with areas uncovered in terms of buffs they could have made.

Oh and yes, it also concerns me that if the Christmas event includes collectibles (as previously) players with Archipelago uncovered will be handicapped yet again.

/end include

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Still getting same as I got during event on Sandycove 8-10 odd 11 or 12 thus proving there wasn't any bonus amount at Halloween. Claimed last sector on Archipelago on Northisle and now 8-10 there a well down from an average of 20. I hope it get's fixed sometime soon preferably before Xmas event, but also somewhat concerned about long term ability to make buffs.

World
    Sandycove
    My wife and I are seeing the same pattern too. As we advance in the new islands, the number of drops are reducing. From what used to be around 20 each time is now averaging 14.

The problem has been acknowledged - but no word on a fix eta. Agreed that it must be before Christmas or it will be a mess.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    And the same here too. Spawns on servers where I have unlocked the new sectors are way down in comparison to those where I have not, and saw same results as Bluesavanah over Halloween, there was no increase and pumpkin spawns were rarer than hens' teeth.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    A guild mate and I have done a small research on collectible spawns. From the first 15 spawns each his average was 17,9 and mine was 9,3. My highest spawn was 13 collectibles which at the same time was his lowest.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    So they auto completed the achievement for all and gave us all a zombie, even those unaffected? Still getting single figure collectible spawns though...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would love for BB to make a statement about this instead of letting us run around in cirkles.

Please tell of us this is a bug or a feature

Then players can decide if they want to stay and play. Maybe warn playes not to clear islands before Christmas or whatever.

This would be very nice on many treads on forum. People go on and on writing about same topics because BB is invisible.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    So they auto completed the achievement for all and gave us all a zombie, even those unaffected? Still getting single figure collectible spawns though...
    For all? Don't think so, the 2 servers that failed to complete are still showing fewer than 13 achievements and no sign of a free zombie. How much was the zombie in the shop? Something like 24 or 48 pumpkins, yet the last collectable achievement paid out 75 on completion.

Update, the zombie and ach came through finally on Northisle, guess script will be run tonight on Schnee.
    Last edited by Nogbad; 18.11.15 at 00:42.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread