Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to build gold mine

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Unable to build gold mine

I have a gold deposit in S9 (the bottom one that's all by itself) that I can no longer build on. I placed a storage right next to the deposit. I believe that it was fine to build there until I upgraded the storage to level 5. Now, If I try to build a gold mine, I cant and end up selecting the storage.

Unsure if anyone else has this problem. Did not see any other posts about it.

World
    Northisle
    Sometimes this hapens you can't build too close to deposits, same happens on sec 2 deposit on the right, you can build very close to it, but if you do you can't build the mine.

EWiggin
    This is a known issue among users but BB are very quiet about it.

prntscr.com/94m8ly

It is not related to store placement or level... All I can offer is that you are not alone - but do raise a ticket to support.
    Attached Images

World
    Sandycove
    I had a similar problem EWiggin in that the storehouse I placed south of yours between the trees did not register for some reason. I could build mine once I built another store house up north by the other gold deposit, but even then the mine worker walked to that one from the southern mine. I built another store on the south coast and that registered for the mine. I checked if the original had registered for storage capacity when I demolished it, and it had, so it appears just the site was bugged for initial mine building and worker storage.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The first two posts in this thread sound like one problem, a regular mainland storehouse built too close to a mine.

The second two seem to be related to the new problem of "Island Storehouse" placement. As shown in Ewiggin's post it's possible to place the smaller-than-usual Island Storehouse in places that leave no path for a settler to access the 'door'.

Quote Originally Posted by EWiggin View Post
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 19.11.15 at 20:15. Reason: Double check

World
    Newfoundland
    any kind of solution that you know who can come up with for the first one would probably reduce the building space so please leave that alone..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    managed to fix this prntscr.com/94xcc3 just built the extra island storehouse can now build as normal prntscr.com/94xkj1 but the lower storehouse needs pulling down as its not getting used hope this helps
    Last edited by rappple; 20.11.15 at 16:10.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Would like to know how I should place the gold mine on top of this deposit. Although why I was allowed to build an Improved Storehouse on it is also of interest.

World
    Newfoundland
    simple. first you demolish the store and then build the mine.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread