Reply to Thread

Thread: Old stuff made new again...

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Old stuff made new again...

Here are some ideas on how to reimagine certain items that gather dust in your star

1. Using decorative buildings and useless buffs to boost generals stats
    I don't know about you, but in my star menu there are more decorative buildings and statues as i can or want to build on my island. As well as more cheese sandwiches i can ever dream of using. This is why i propose to utilize them as a boost for your troops. This is how it could work: You have the option to build a certain amount of statues on your adventure island. I.e. the horseman statue could boost the morale and therefore increase the HP and or damage the general can deal. The cheese sandwich could provide the troops with a energy boost, and also increase their powers.

2. Using the sandman's powder buff as buff for Lord Dracul
    As the name implies Lord Dracul is not one of the living, and since vampires are strongest at night, why not use the sandman's powder buffs to boost his fighting abilities for a certain amount of time, or only for the next attack?

3. Making "portals" out of magic beans
    On some adventures, the walking and transfer time of generals is excruciating. Wouldn't it be great if you could produce magic portal buffs in your provision house that you can use on a adventure map? It would work something like the storehouses on the archipelago. There, if you transfer a gen from the main island to the archipelago the general walkes into one storhouse and comes out of the island storehouse. Of course, you would be able to build those portals only on freed sectors. Maybe the lootspot player is able to use or build them as well.

I know these suggestions are far from detailed, but i thought, i'd share them. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Happy Settling, everyone

World
    Sandycove
    great ideas on all 3

decorative buildings for the most part are naff past L50, so more than happy to see something done/introduced for them

Sandman's power, IMO has never been used for it's true purpose. For a decorative buff as it is now, it's of limited appeal and rather naff

Beans - even with the new content, they have limited value as many at level 56-60 are already seeing. More stuff in merchant for these please? How about some of those new 1001 nights buildings?

All in all certain things do need re-visiting here at some point. More suggestions to come I think

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    1 How to scale this for both the newer player and the established player is where we hit balance problems for this idea, how do you suggest we get around that ?
    2 How would the buff know which zone you wanted it to work in?
    3 How long would you like construction to take ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Given 3 a bit more thought. Portal somehow imply's there may be more magical things as yet undiscovered, I would prefer to think of them as mouths of tunnels.
    Tunnels would mean no need to go out of your way to find a suitable place to ford a river, no need to have to go around un-scalable mountains, no need to have to travel to the tops of hills or down into valleys, no need to struggle through swamps and quagmires, no need to hack your way though dense growth just to get to where your going. Tunnels offer a nice flat direct route effectively a short cut to where your going.

At first I thought about some mechanic which relied on the the sector marker colours to define which sectors we can build in, but with the variation of maps any schema we came up with would leave some adventures where this would not work.

Then I gave some more thought to build time, 10 minutes per seems reasonable, you can build as you do the adventure and your advance generals wont be in need of the mechanic and it gives enough time to build one for the loot spot kill while their general is travelling.

I think a limit of 1 per sector, more than that would complicate the coding for which one to use. for actual usage that can be done with the current transfer button.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Yeah like those ideas specially sector 3 , but what about "bridges" in general, i mean even between inner sectors , I build this portal or bridge to make shortcut.

Well, i just doubt about suggestions if they read it (I mean BB) or just to say here is a suggestion forum.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    My thinking was, you can build a portal in any place you also could transfer a general to. And yes, this isn't necessary for every adventure, but on some it would make things go way faster. Then, if you transfer your gen, the gen takes fastest way to his new location. no need for thinking about sector markers.
    10 minutes seems a bit much, imo. It would only be a good idea to use portals if the time you safe is significant.

Reply to Thread