Reply to Thread

Thread: Overall prices in merchant for gems

World
    Sandycove

Overall prices in merchant for gems

There is a huge fan base for this game, and it's just increased again due to the lavish attention BB have bestowed on us with the XXL additions and Steam players.

But one thing BB have overlooked is the amount of real money they can make from this game; if they were only to revise their pricing policy for in-game items..

I have previously suggested a pro-rata rate for upgrades which I feel would be most beneficial to players and BB in regard to revenue... http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...pro-rata-basis

Now I humbly suggest BB lower their prices in the game for gems realistically for everything, not just upgrades. Having discussed this in guild, we agree that lower gem prices would be more enticing for players to spend their money on gems to get ahead a bit more. Lets face it, £5 on 1200 gems on happy hour wont get that much in the game. But if the prices for items were lowered, that £5 might be purchased and spent EVERY MONTH by a player!

Steady little trickles of sales on gems every week? It's not impossible is it?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 20.11.15 at 15:56.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    agree recently i paid the 15k plus gem cost to upgrade my barracks i didnt want to wait 7-10 days whatever it was now i was going to do the same for the elite barracks but i couldnt justify paying 47k gems to get to lvl 6 even on a double time that would be £71 if it had been half that price i would of bought it already

World
    Sandycove
    +1
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Virtually all the merchant works on the principal of catching one person for a lot of gems rather than the whole community for a few gems.

Tab 1 Resourses only a new player would ever spend gems here.

Tab 2 Architect All fine except packed wheat field which should probably be 20-30 gems

Tab 3 Black Market Generals, Geologist and Scouts are fine, Recipe also fine but the rest is so over priced it's unreal, my favourite has to be foreign settler family bargain at equivalent of 5k gc for 10 settlers.

Tab 4 Wholesale All over-priced I can possibly see some sales in short term for Mahogany wood but the rest is awful.

Tab 5 Adventures Again terrible a few Invasion of the Nords might get sold if the drop chance on a Frozen Manor was any good.

Tab 6 Deposits Can't imagine many sales here except maybe Parrots and Enhanced gold pickaxe but still suspect they are few.

Tab 7 Expeditions No idea, if you were into pvp you might buy the buffs I guess. but still over-priced.

Tab 8 Premium Obviously popular still think there should be a 3 day at say 400 gems.

Tab 11 Decorations not my thing.

Overall Generals, Geologists, Scouts and limited Buildings I buy, any other buildings someone else buys but I'll create demand. Deposits I might consider if they were a nominal figure certainly no where near what the do cost and I haven't bought from TO for more than 18 months.

Building upgrades only ever intentionally bought 1 and that was level 6 barracks. accidentally hit a few mine upgrades (so annoying)

Adventures accidentally bought a BK once.

Limited offers bought 2 savage scouts.

If they want me to buy more gems, firstly they have to entice me to spend what I have left from gem pits and secondly offer something I will buy probably spur of the moment, so more limited offers on stuff such as Generals or explorers.

The only other things I would possibly purchase for gems are some sort of limited population building which would have to be non transferable and possibly science books if they were reasonably priced (unlikely). Endless Iron Mine I would probably buy those if they ever came out.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 21.11.15 at 03:12.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The problem is what possible incentives can we suggest if BB are reaching their profit targets. I think I can safely say that if BB was to re-introduce the MA box with some of the deco's replaced with the newer building virtually all of us would agree that would be one of the best possible Xmas presents BB could give us, and that BB would make a shed load of cash out of it. But it's obvious by now that somebody high up has decided that's a bad idea for what we would perceive to be the wrong reasons.

The dumbest thing BB ever did was to allow players to buy more gem pits, that single decision means the smart player is buying stuff with gems at only 2.5% of the cash cost that the stupid player is handing over to BB.

If BB is happy with the current prices all that means is we have enough of a turnover of Stupid players, as long as this situation remains BB have no need to pander to requests from us to change the gem prices.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    What would be a reasonable price for books?

currently they can be instant completed for 200 gems.
    that means manuscript costs 200 gems, tome 1200 gems and codex 3800 gems (at maxed out costs) +the resources.

Personally I would never even consider 90% of the things they offer for gems. Prices are way too ridiculous. Surprised to hear someone upgraded something intentionally.

I have 140k gems left (last gempit just ran out) and nothing to spend them on.
    I would buy years premium but for some silly reason it gives no bonus to self buffing. It doesnt have to be the 1.5*1.1, just the 1.5 frend buffing bonus will do. Heck, even the tiny 1.1 would mean im not discriminated for buying premium. If Im the one paying for it why do i get no benefit for myself from it?
    I would buy the second epic woodyard but it cant be built on archipelago.
    I would totally buy endless mines should these become available in the future for other types of resources but it seems there is no chance of that happening.

So on top of the ridiculous prices there are some pointless restrictions that stop me from spending gems. It almost feels like they dont want you to use your gems..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    What would be a reasonable price for books?

Depending on certain variables, like a dev blog on books for Generals or Islands I'd probably consider 20,000 gems for say 30 codex.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i'm always the first to point out what a bunch of numpties bb are, but why would any player with half a brain think they know more about how bb can make money than bb's team of moneymaking experts? u think any company no matter how small, plucks random ideas from thin air and just goes with it? NO, they sit down and work out a profit strategy. if ur unhappy with paying what bb asks u to pay to play their game there's only 1 answer...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    i'm always the first to point out what a bunch of numpties bb are, but why would any player with half a brain think they know more about how bb can make money than bb's team of moneymaking experts? u think any company no matter how small, plucks random ideas from thin air and just goes with it? NO, they sit down and work out a profit strategy. if ur unhappy with paying what bb asks u to pay to play their game there's only 1 answer...
    They worked out those strategies in 2012 when it might of seemed a good idea, things have changed and there's 2 answers actually leave or don't buy gems.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    there's 2 answers actually leave or don't buy gems.
    ok blue u win, lol

Reply to Thread