Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fix the economy

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Fix the economy

In my opinion, half of the fun of the game is building an economy that will sustain the adventures.
    However, the developers have taken several decisions that have thrown the economy off balance. It is far to easy to amass a great surplus of resources. So they are handed over to grateful lower lvl players. However, this is not how the game should be played.

The treasure is overflowing with coin. This causes inflation, with coin losing value. And with the extra goldmines this will only get worse.

These resources will have to be put to good use to balance the economy again.

So I suggest the standing army demands to be paid in coin.
    Higher lvl players have an army of 10k ore more, but most of them would be cannon fodder: recruits and bowmen. These are basically armed civilians and they only require 1 coin per week.
    Militia and longbowmen demand 2 coin per week.
    Cavalry, soldiers and crossbowmen are professional soldiers and demand 1 coin per day.
    Elite and cannons are more expensive, they require 2 coin per day.
    If they don't get paid, they refuse to go out on adventures. Don't pay them for a week and they defect. Half of them will take their weapons with them when they leave.

It takes resources to sustain a standing army.
    1 bread and beer for every professional soldier per week, so for Cav, S, E, XB & cannons
    2 wheat for every cav per week
    1 meat for every cav, s or xb per week
    1 sausage for E and cannons per week

Also, a survivor in battle has a 10% chance of getting his weapon destroyed or lost, and this would have to be replaced. The survivors don't have to retrained, new weapons would simply be taken from stock. If they aren't enough weapons in stock, the military would be unarmed and unable to participate in the adventure until they are fully equipped.

I also suggest we dispose of the "special troops". Simply don't allow R & B to participate in colony and you would get a similar effect.

What do you guys think?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    And what of new players who are just building a army to free their island before they have developed enough to be able to pay as you suggest, the costs would be even more punitive to those who have just started to do adventures.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    maybe try another game if its so wrong

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Did you forget this is a game a large chunk of people found by accident, it's possibly their first and only game. They in many cases don't do it on a meta-gaming level. They just do an adventure as and when they have enough troops. They are just coming to terms with the fact they need a bigger army,economy and population to get anywhere past 50 but they are trying their best.

The last thing they need is a punitive tax, their army losing their weapons and running off because their lonely.

You are as deltablue said perhaps looking for a 'proper' game.

Btw inflation is caused by demand not people having massive stocks of everything. Deflation is caused by over supply, your on Northisle and should know this two examples would be bread and beans. Before XXL people were virtually giving it away you could buy 10k for 100-125 gc now it's 500-700 because there's just not enough to keep on churning out ft adv. Beans on the other hand are plentiful and have dropped by about 30-40% sometimes more.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    It is far to easy to amass a great surplus of resources. So they are handed over to grateful lower lvl players. However, this is not how the game should be played.
    and that's why u'll never be welcome in my guild...

u seem to be fixated on coins, which aren't a big commodity like gran or grout, but do have their use! if anything we should get more coin according to our pop, ever heard of tax? i'm sure new players would welcome this idea much more than the tosh u suggested!
    Last edited by vigabrand; 22.11.15 at 10:24.

World
    Sandycove
    You Haven't got a level 5 gold chain, sleeping , Wreckless by any chance? Have to agree with Blue, supply and demand is what creates inflation/deflation, along with a desire to level up quicker than your own economy has been designed to handle. Each addition to the game brings along a different emphasis for what is a desirable trading resource. Bread I think, has probably been through the most change, it was once the most important resource, then lost favour as troop losses dropped, is now back in demand, but with new farms coming online I can see supply once again overtaking demand in the not to distant future. Who is to say what the next introduction to the game will do to the value of coins.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    That what has been suggested would, despite being a very bad idea, amass an insane amount of new bugs, we dont want them, we just have enough old bugs here and we're being perfectly happy with them all

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Not a single rational argument against my proposal I see.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Here's a rational argument against your proposals, we don't need the lag. Exactly how many calculations would the server have to preform per second to keep constantly figuring out how big everyone's army is. Personally I can put anything up to 20,000 units in a barracks in a day so in losing all those units they have attacked a lot of camps, so it would also have to figure out how many weapons I've lost.

World
    Newfoundland
    I think its an awful idea..

If my real life kept me busy all week, regardless if it be work, holiday or w/e... maybe iv found myself a new game?? Knowing that my army had defected I would be less likely to return at all.

to expand slightly

There are many many people who only play events.. Lets just assume we are now on the run up to Easter and 100k people flock back to TSO for another crack at it (2 days and counting down to lift off)... BB quite smartly do there bonus gem offer, everyone logs in to prep up and plan the event... BUT, ahh all the troops.... they are gone. Some may choose to rebuild, some may choose to log straight back out with a very disgruntled look about them. Good for gem sales and the overall population level? I know what group I would be in
    Last edited by Brayarg; 23.11.15 at 11:55.

Reply to Thread