Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fix the economy

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    Not a single rational argument against my proposal I see.
    steady on fella, lets not get silly here... u started off with "in my opinion" and ended ur first post with "what do u guys think?"
    we're all entitled to an opinion and we've told u what we think. its always worth posting ideas, but it seems in this case this idea isn't popular

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The 'army tax' or 'pay the army' idea was floated in Sandycove chat a while back. Due in large part to concerns about how it would impact lower level players and more casual high level players it was shot down there. These concerns are still very valid.

That suggestion, the general lack of enthusiasm for it, and the long standing wish for a coin sink that doesn't penalize a large percentage of players can be seen this thread: Stop the coin inflation!.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 23.11.15 at 17:01. Reason: tweak

World
    Northisle
    I don't think this is a good idea at all. It risks a number of bugs, seems harsh on newer players and seems to give no advantage. If you're looking for a coin/resource sink then maybe help newer players/guildies with resources?

World
    Sandycove
    Army Maintenance? Simply a bad idea. You pay for the troops when you recruit them. Done.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    My suggestion was only that, it can be improved upon.

@ Dorotheus: when liberating the home island, the army could be paid by colonizing the provinces they have just conquered.
    @ deltablue: really? this is your second post and that's what you posted?
    @ Bluesavanh: I'm not discussing economics with somebody who obviously doesn't have a clue.
    @ vigabrand: don't worry, I wouldn't dream of applying for you guild. I'm appreciated by the members of my guild, as far as I can tell.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Sorry Wreckless,, a -1 from me. Re not a single rational argument against the idea, I thought they were all very rational. Maybe easier to remove lootspots from the game so players cannot amass huge numbers of coins that way?

World
    Sandycove
    So I suggest the standing army demands to be paid in coin.
    Higher lvl players have an army of 10k ore more, but most of them would be cannon fodder: recruits and bowmen. These are basically armed civilians and they only require 1 coin per week.
    Militia and longbowmen demand 2 coin per week.
    Cavalry, soldiers and crossbowmen are professional soldiers and demand 1 coin per day.
    Elite and cannons are more expensive, they require 2 coin per day.
    If they don't get paid, they refuse to go out on adventures. Don't pay them for a week and they defect. Half of them will take their weapons with them when they leave.

It takes resources to sustain a standing army.
    1 bread and beer for every professional soldier per week, so for Cav, S, E, XB & cannons
    2 wheat for every cav per week
    1 meat for every cav, s or xb per week
    1 sausage for E and cannons per week

Also, a survivor in battle has a 10% chance of getting his weapon destroyed or lost, and this would have to be replaced. The survivors don't have to retrained, new weapons would simply be taken from stock. If they aren't enough weapons in stock, the military would be unarmed and unable to participate in the adventure until they are fully equipped.

I also suggest we dispose of the "special troops". Simply don't allow R & B to participate in colony and you would get a similar effect.

What do you guys think?
    I think it's "death and taxes" what you're suggesting, ever thought what would happen if someone after a year of work wants to go for a holiday for let's say 10 days and with no internet available there ? Over 70% players at lvl 30-40 would leave the game after seeing the effects of their absence. Would you yourself support such idea then ? And im thinking how much more bugs and odd loses would happen if such thing would be even considered to get implemented... Come on, pull yourself up and think twice please.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    coins is just resource as everything else (i don't know why players can't understand this).
    coins lose value? who cares, also a lot other resources lose their value and none was complained.

every resource on one point can lose their value. BB every time need to make fix when any resource lose their value?
    BB don't understand their own game

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

@ Dorotheus: when liberating the home island, the army could be paid by colonizing the provinces they have just conquered.
    @ deltablue: really? this is your second post and that's what you posted?
    @ Bluesavanh: I'm not discussing economics with somebody who obviously doesn't have a clue.
    @ vigabrand: don't worry, I wouldn't dream of applying for you guild. I'm appreciated by the members of my guild, as far as I can tell.
    When an point of view (yours) clearly has no traction don't turn to personal insults.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

So your suggesting the the reward for taking control of a sector is that the army should be disbanded.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread