Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: exo wood

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

exo wood

like e1 else i'm maxed on exo planks and logs, none in star... yet! as always exo = gran about 10-1 in loot, lately my quests from explorers and daily quests give a lot of exo as reward... now I have exo cutters and foresters!..

is this something else bb hasn't thought through? coz as far as I can see I don't have much use for exo wood anymore

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    If your maxed out why did you build the foresters and cutters.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    1) increase your storage
    2) turn on your wheelmaker, carpenter or xbowsmith
    3) there has been a problem with exo wood for years, a direct result of:

a) all building upgrade resources have a limited lifespan, eventually the community with cease its dependents on it. new building can/do spark a small requirement but nothing to dent the millions laying in storehouses.
    b) nobody needing to make cannon or xbow for years has hurt the resource.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Brayarg pretty much sums up perfectly but I'll add the fact you have to consider just how many normal adventures your planning on doing after 56 ? Apart from events and low loss adventures whilst barracks is full I don't personally plan on doing many, so over time my more than ample supply of exo logs will diminish. I too planted 1 forester and 1 cutter to do the quest and they will tick along nicely producing a few logs to keep it from running dry.

We have no idea what buildings of the improved variety BB will release so there's always a chance they could be turned into something and I've not tested the new guild quests but there could be some sort of (nasty) surprise in there that uses logs.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    why after 56 no normal adventures i will still have to do "normal" or old adventure for ages afterwards...as i cant see me having a steady supply of ali baba's or the buff to keep elite barracks going to do many ali baba's...(in fact i can see buff running out for most people as there is just not enough collie to make them)
    a mixture of old and new adventures will be needed just to keep me from being bored wating for troops to cook....lol

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    To keep a reasonable supply of ali adventures coming I will follow the path vlt - slt/clt - hlt/blt swapping 1 ls and selling the other, whilst my barracks is full I will do SA or Nords to the point when I reach 62 none of these drop a massive supply of Logs. After 62 I will play whatever I fancy to pass the time, most likely SE chasing that elusive Angel gate and probably BN chasing RtBN.

As regards buffs running out people will just pay whatever it takes to get them, same as they have for lootspots expect silly prices for skunks.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    with a 2% drop rate for slt/clt and then 2% for hlt/blt....not sure what droprate of alis are from hlt/blt but i have done a few and got 1 so far....so not sure about a reasonable supply coming from this way....but i may just be unlucky.......
    i think unless your able to buy hlt/blt or swap for them and also have all exp on adventure search..the supply of alis will be severely restricted unless there is evidence that proves otherwise....
    Last edited by ATHTHEMANIAC; 10.12.15 at 06:45.

World
    Newfoundland
    A bit off topic, but what puzzles me is that you when you hit lvl59, you get an exotic wood production quest chain, and not at lvl53, when you can build the ewc/f buildings.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    i got quest to build exo chopper/planter and i not lvl 59..this is the start of the chain i presume?...
    not sure when they appeared around lvl 54/55 i think.....

World
    Newfoundland
    No no, I meant the exotic wood production chain, chop x amount of wood, produce x amount ewp, and then the standard have at least x amount prod value, not the build the buildings quest.

Reply to Thread