Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    Judging by the figures shown in this post guilds interested in gq will now be actively pruning all non full time active members, which is a big shame.

All inactives: kicked
    All semi active: kicked
    All those just active during events: kicked

If BB had just gone for a simple linear reward system (basically 20 members reward is double what 10 members is etc etc) there would be no problem at all.
    As it stands, a guild is penalized for retaining members who are not fully active.

If 100 (well 99) members reward 260 (ish)... just setting 10 as 26, 20 as 52, 30 as 78 etc etc would balance it all... a 20 member guild could keep 10 inactives, get 50% of 52 and it would be the same as 100% of 26... simple and fair.
    +1 seems like the simplest fair solution
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    this bothers me greatly

R.I.P. small guilds

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    this bothers me greatly

R.I.P. small guilds
    I was just going to post the same thing - this worries me much more than the daily turnover of the quests. I'm in a small guild and getting ones more do-able by 75 members or so is going to be a problem.

I was hoping that they would scale both the daily quests to the player level properly (stop giving me at level 51 a handful of iron ore please) and then also scale the guild quests to the average level of the guild and the number of players. I think something like that could be done.

These changes could be very bad indeed.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    A much more sensible reply ... and one that doesn't just call me fully wrong.

As you say, there are several inherent problems with the proposed system, basically because any player on any day who fails a GQ impacts the reward more than if they were not in the guild at all.

This problem manifests in:
    Players choosing to Not do a GQ due to it being too hard or non cost effective.
    Players without sufficient time to complete a GQ or even those who just forget to click complete.
    Players absent from the game for any particular day (including semi-actives, event-actives and in-actives).

If BB chose a linear reward tier instead (by that I mean linear through zero, such that each guild size reward maximum is its exact percent of the max guild size reward maximum) they would instantly remove all those problems and allow guilds to choose whether to keep or kick members as they pleased.
    Show me the mechanic. You can't, all you are showing me is how a selfish guild would react, a guild who's leadership lack the intestinal fortitude to stand up and say we decided to kick them, we are blaming BB. The sad thing here is it's the innocents who will end up getting punished. However we do have decent guilds in the game, hopefully enough decent guilds to take the innocents under their wing.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 03.12.15 at 06:35.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Northisle
    I like the new changes, its now fair on all guilds and players.

We are a small guild of 11 and i see no reason what so ever why we would have any issues now doing our quest. I see a few posts also saying the reward does not justify the cost and in over 2 years of playing i have yet to come across a single guild quest where the reward does not out weigh the cost.

World
    Newfoundland
    ever been in a big guild?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Northisle
    Yes but i left as out of 80 members 10 were active and the vast majority of players were level 15 to 20 that had quit and were just kept in the guild of ill gotten gains.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Large guilds have to pay cannons, gunpowder, carriages etc. which can cost 2-5x more than the guild coins worth themselves.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Large guilds have to pay cannons, gunpowder, carriages etc. which can cost 2-5x more than the guild coins worth themselves.
    These are the same guest that we as guilds of 10 get

We even had carriages 5 days in a row.

My reward for the carriage and wheel quest is 10ggc plus 77 ggc (87ggc) total.

87 guild coins is worth approx 900 gold coin so i fail to see how its a loss, for me 87 ggc for 30 carriage or wheels etc is a massive profit.

I can only speak for prices on North isle but maybe it is that on sandycove and newfoundland wheels and carriages are over 50,000 gc per k but thats not the case on our server. Cannons are around 25k gc per k so on northisle at least these quests are worth doing.
    Last edited by Dappadon; 03.12.15 at 14:12.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    These are the same guest that we as guilds of 10 get

We even had carriages 5 days in a row.

My reward for the carriage and wheel quest is 10ggc plus 77 ggc (87ggc) total.

87 guild coins is worth approx 900 gold coin so i fail to see how its a loss, for me 87 ggc for 30 carriage or wheels etc is a massive profit.

I can only speak for prices on North isle but maybe it is that on sandycove and newfoundland wheels and carriages are over 50,000 gc per k but thats not the case on our server. Cannons are around 25k gc per k so on northisle at least these quests are worth doing.
    Most people are in small guilds to avoid named adventures or do 2 adventures, they are time poor generally. Most I've met have been in 50-100 man guilds and received hassle because they just can't do the GQ on a regular basis if it involves over 10-20 minutes. Carriages and Wheels involve materials that are fairly easy to get and are relatively cheap. They generally take pride in the fact they achieve the GQ everyday and are more than happy with the return. The new quests have a chance to stop them ever completing the GQ so they will go from 80 ggc a day (560 per week) + 100 per fortnight to next to nothing.

As an example atm we have 9 active members and a few who log in infrequently, the GQ gets done daily, but if you put do an adventure in there I can guarantee that 3-4 members could manage that most days. so that would be worth 30ggc. If it was do 2 adventures only 2 would finish it so it would be worth 15ggc. Why on earth would those 2 members bother staying ? If they leave the problem is over as the guild would drop below 10 members, this is why small guilds will die.

Reply to Thread