Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

World
    Northisle
    I agree with what your saying Blue. But surely that comes back to a player choosing a guild that suits them, I totally agree it would not be worth me paying wheels and such for a quest to not complete, again its choosing a guild that works for you as a player. We dont know yet what the new quest exactly will entail but even BB will not be able to argue a quest (codex) that can take up to 9 days to make and be given 24 hours to do is working as intended.

The current guild system is broke, BB have identified this and addressed it, I really only can see it been an issue for guilds with many inactive players, but it is the guild leadership now to address this or accept keeping inactives in the guild will cost them.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    I really only can see it been an issue for guilds with many inactive players, but it is the guild leadership now to address this or accept keeping inactives in the guild will cost them.
    Explain how it's going to cost me, I still fail to get it.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Explain how it's going to cost me, I still fail to get it.
    guild quests, under the new system, will be given to ALL in guild, active and inactive. The rewards will be given based on how many in the guild do the guild quest. So, if you have say 50% of the guild being made up of inactive players, obviously those players will not be doing GQ. The maximum in that instance will be 50% of the guild completing, so you will only get 50% of the reward.
    an example:
    a guild with 30 players total, 50% are inactive, so only 15 players complete gq: 142ggc max, 50% completion = 71ggc each
    a guild with 15 players, no inactives, so 15 players complete the gq: 98ggc max, 100% completion = 98ggc

so keeping inactives in guild can reduce the number of guild coins per player, with the same number of players completing the gq.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    guild quests, under the new system, will be given to ALL in guild, active and inactive. The rewards will be given based on how many in the guild do the guild quest. So, if you have say 50% of the guild being made up of inactive players, obviously those players will not be doing GQ. The maximum in that instance will be 50% of the guild completing, so you will only get 50% of the reward.
    an example:
    a guild with 30 players total, 50% are inactive, so only 15 players complete gq: 142ggc max, 50% completion = 71ggc each
    a guild with 15 players, no inactives, so 15 players complete the gq: 98ggc max, 100% completion = 98ggc

so keeping inactives in guild can reduce the number of guild coins per player, with the same number of players completing the gq.
    Nice theory, pity that others as well as myself have pointed out certain issues which prove those 15 players are not going to have a 100% completion record. This means your 98ggc is only available on paper, reality will be lower. By your logic your going to have to kick every member who informs the guild leadership they wont be here for the next GQ. Failure to do that would only reveal that the guilds leadership has double standards.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Nice theory, pity that others as well as myself have pointed out certain issues which prove those 15 players are not going to have a 100% completion record. This means your 98ggc is only available on paper, reality will be lower. By your logic your going to have to kick every member who informs the guild leadership they wont be here for the next GQ. Failure to do that would only reveal that the guilds leadership has double standards.
    it was merely an example to show how the numbers work.
    and yes, many guilds may not achieve the 100%, but keeping long-term inactives will no longer be of any benefit. Any good guild will not be kicking people if they will be missing a few gq's.
    The increase in the rewards given out, compared to now will also help.

Taking my guild as an example, we have 78 members, 8 of which are currently inactive.
    58 have to do gq to achieve the 80% of actives cut-off in the current system. The highest ggc reward is currently 119+17ggc = 136ggc daily. And yes we do gq daily already.
    In the new system, if 58 still do the gq we will instead get 172ggc (out of the maximum 231ggc if 100% completed).
    so even if we keep the few inactives we have, and continue at the current rate of completion, we will actually make more ggc. It allows for some wiggle room.

Basically, if a guild has a huge number of inactives, it will not be beneficial to keep them (see my previous post with numbers), but each guild will be able to decide if they are willing to keep a few inactives or semi-inactives in guild. This will be different for each guild based on their numbers and ggc rewards. 100% completion is great, but not required to still get plenty of coins.
    Last edited by Kit_; 03.12.15 at 19:02.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Guild of 80 here, 37 inactive. Because of time zones and players production capacity we allow 2 days for GQ's which don't include adventures, 3 days for those which do. Based on the history of completions over the last couple of years I see we will be getting twice as many ggc as what we get now if we do nothing about the inactives.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm not seeing any problem with tying the reward to the percentage of those that completed. My issue is that all guilds will be able to get all quests regardless of their size and that will make some things unworkable (unless they are also changing what the guild quests involve).
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Northisle
    Guild of 80 here, 37 inactive. Because of time zones and players production capacity we allow 2 days for GQ's which don't include adventures, 3 days for those which do. Based on the history of completions over the last couple of years I see we will be getting twice as many ggc as what we get now if we do nothing about the inactives.
    You'll be getting 117gcc if 40 of your guild mates completes the quest within the day.

If you have 43 guild members and 35 of them completes the quest in one day you'll get 139ggc
    Last edited by Durin_d; 03.12.15 at 20:31.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I struggling to see why you would keep inactives or are you confusing inactive with infrequent ? If a player logs in say once a week to chat and stuff and the guild has a history with them I can see the benefit for both you and them, to me inactive is a dead account that no one's seen for months, in some cases years kept there solely to increase the the guild coins available or in the case of 1 man and 9 inactives to get guild quests.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    You'll be getting 117gcc if 40 of your guild mates completes the quest within the day.

If you have 43 guild members and 35 of them completes the quest in one day you'll get 139ggc
    Your failing to account for the fact that I said we allow 2 or 3 days for the quest. Since the average is 3 days, instead of 1 reward every 3 days we will be getting 3 rewards in the same period. Under the new system we will get 50% of the reward which means twice as much ggc over 3 days compared to the current system.

Reply to Thread