Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

aldorea

Are all the new Guild Quests possible?

I have just woken to find that today's quest is "On the way home"
    I have to produce a codex before the end of today.

It is impossible to achieve this as my bookmaker is being upgraded, but even if I was not upgrading, unless I am lucky and he is empty at the start of the day, I cannot see how I can complete this quest without using a significant amount of gems.

This will be the first quest I have missed.

Any other Settlers had this problem or a similar one?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    wrong thread

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

World
    Newfoundland
    If BB is not going to implement guild quest auto-start and auto-complete there is a thing that they can do to make the time consuming quests at least possible to complete.
    Right now the problem is that a lot of time is wasted at the start of the quest and at the end. The guild quest reset must be moved from the middle of the night to afternoonish (12h?). This gives the best option to start the quest on one day and end on the next day.

Alternatively they could lessen the prod requirements so that 1 unbuffed building at lvl 3 can complete the guild quest under 12h.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 21.01.16 at 12:09.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah middle of night is completely wrong time to end and start one.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Or give us a waiting quest so we can plan ahead. I think this is best as we have people in all sorts of timezones on the server.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I suggest 4pm.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghrish View Post
    Todays guildquest is to produce 500 gunpowder. This is feasible, but since the counter only starts after you logged in, in my case 8 am CET you only have about 18 hours left to fullfill the quest. Further, gunpowder isn't a commodity that people produce all the time, so asking for 500 seems to much. You have to stay up until 2 am CET to make use of the time and to be able to fullfill the quest. I would suggest that reviewing the guildquests on their length and cost would be a goood idea. Another observation is that the amount of gems it costs to fullfill the guildquest has gone through the roof. Since you only get a few (In my case < 20) guildcoins more than 100 gems is outrageous!
    I've also noticed a big change in what the quests expect, and I also see that the time required for many of them is too much. It seems that either the quests were not calculated properly for a realistic kingdom of the appropriate level, or the intent is that you simply will not be able to do some of them.

The 'production' quests are rough because other guild members can't directly help you (except maybe applying a good buff for you). But overall, the reward in coins typically does not offset a huge investment.

I think they need to be adjusted a bit (or more time allowed, I agree with many others that 2 days seems more reasonable).
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Without getting into the specifics of the Quests, especially for players who can only play of an evening or a morning ( because of real life i.e. work ) there is 3 things that would make this system of Guild Quests go much more smoothly for a lot of players and they are:

1: Get rid of the tick and let them auto complete.
    2: A waiting Quest so we can plan ahead.
    3: When a quest requires us to produce something and we are already producing that resource then what we are producing should count from when we receive the quest, not from when we log in.

One complaint for now, is the fact that the cost to complete with gems has risen to a ridiculous level and B.B. will lose out on it, where in the past it was occasionally used I doubt if it will be again.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane60 View Post
    Without getting into the specifics of the Quests, especially for players who can only play of an evening or a morning ( because of real life i.e. work ) there is 3 things that would make this system of Guild Quests go much more smoothly for a lot of players and they are:

1: Get rid of the tick and let them auto complete.
    2: A waiting Quest so we can plan ahead.
    3: When a quest requires us to produce something and we are already producing that resource then what we are producing should count from when we receive the quest, not from when we log in.

One complaint for now, is the fact that the cost to complete with gems has risen to a ridiculous level and B.B. will lose out on it, where in the past it was occasionally used I doubt if it will be again.
    +1 to each idea
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Not going to read whole thread. So it was maybe mentioned already.

Got Victor the Vicious as GQ today and troops are still training from last VLT.

The gem cost is my main problem. It went from 20 Gems to 107. Five times more than before. And I assume it costs more depending on level. What the heck BB.

Reply to Thread