Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    It never happened - doesn't stop our guild from having one though - I am the bank ( evil laughter)!!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Radical.
    Get it right or get rid of Guild Quests completely.

Cynical.
    It's been a divisive system ever since it was introduced and these changes look set to make it worse for many players.
    Nobody wants the 'pay weapons' quests, BB resolved that by bugging the ability to cancel GQ's and till it was fixed 90% of GQ's were 'pay weapons' type quests.

World
    Newfoundland
    kill it with fire.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes maybe just remove the function completly.
    The resent selection of items and the prices in guild shop, has made the guild quest something I do because it is a habit. It is not something I do because I want to collect guild coins. I really have no use for them now.
    If I wanted to et a friary I woul have to get the coins from marked. No chase to collect enough in the 3 month the offer is there. I did not know a year ago that I would need to save up for a Friary. (I only jjust started the game 1 year ago). The rest of the items are too expensive compared to the value they would have to me. I could sell the coins in marked,- or save then for later and hope next selection will be better.
    Who has motivation to save up for something they might need - I dont have it

I dont know if the amount is random,- but it looks as the future will bring even less coins, - so my conclusion is: Why bother?

It is a bit like the daily quest where you pay something to get something not worth the price.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    You shouldn’t change guild quests as daily quests. That is not a good thing, it is nerfing the game, not making it better.

It is okay, that if you don’t contribute your part, you won’t get reward, but the change should have left there.
    Sometimes the smallest change is the best change….

You should also make much more guild quests; now there are so few of them, that it really feels, that we do same guild quests all over again. It gets really boring really fast.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Has the limit of 10 players in a guild before getting a GQ been removed ?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    If I've understood this correctly this new system favors very active guilds with active players and not so much for the casual players and guilds in which they are in. After this change all the players that don't complete guild quests daily will become a liability to the guild and lower the possible reward from the quest. On that sense the old system is better as it gives time to complete the quest and the casual players don't affect on the amount of reward.
    Unfortunately the reward currently is based on the total size of the guild, not the number of active players (even though only active players get the quests). That should be changed.

If a guild chooses to retain inactive players within their ranks then that should have no impact on the guild quest rewards. The system of guild quest rewards should not incentivise the retention of inactive players. Neither should it serve as a disincentive for retaining them.

In order to do that I would suggest that the GQ reward should be based on a combination of:
    * the number of players completing their guild quests as a percentage of the number of active players
    AND
    * on the number of active players.

To do that may mean that it is sensible to only give the guild quests to active players.

I would like to understand what criteria is used to decide if a player is "Active".

Slightly off-topic but it is helpful for guild leaders to be able to see if players have been active -- so even if not needed for guild quest purposes I would like to retain the Active status in the Guild member information, possibly replacing it with "Date Last Active". (Or even giving leaders the ability to request a text file showing key info about guild members.

the main quest is automatically finished once per day
    I think that is too short a time for many to, for example, complete a specific adventure. I would prefer that it finishes once every two or three days, or when 90% of actives have completed it (if that is sooner).
    This would much better encourage guild members to work together to help everyone complete the quest. Also it would be less discouraging to the less active player.

World
    Northisle
    So despite players saying for years (?) that the Guild Quests don't work and are unfair, and after making several suggestions on how the entire system can be improved, BB come up with something that no one asked for? This makes no sense. Not even a little bit.

The requests we players have asked for have included making the GQ rewards relevant to the number of ACTIVE members, to make them sensible (outlay versus rewards), and with more variety. I don't feel that any of this has been addressed.

I don't see any of this as anything resembling an improvement. I'd rather keep the old system than lose good players in my guild who feel that they are letting the rest of us down simply because they can't log in to do their GQ every day.

I want no part of this.

World
    Northisle
    • Rewards are now a percentage of the guild members who finished their tasks? Doesn't that mean I get less rewards?
      No. On average you will likely receive at least the same amount of rewards as before. For example, guilds might have 79 members finishing a task and previously they missed one player to reach the next reward tier. In that example, all players will now receive the amount for 79 players finishing the quest.

Currently they have max 2 weeks time (due to bi-weekly reset) to get the quest done and get the full reward.

I'd like to see the numbers how the "average" has been calculated.

Currently 79 member guild will get the following reward:
    56-100 members
    • 10 - 18: 9 + 63
    • 19 - 25: 11 + 77
    • 26 - 35: 13 + 91
    • 36 - 45: 15 + 105
    • 46 - 50: 17 + 119

Let say that 70% of these (56) complete the quest in one day. Will these 56 players get the following reward in future?
    • 10 - 18: 50 (100% 72)
    • 19 - 25: 62 (100% 88)
    • 26 - 35: 73 (100% 104)
    • 36 - 45: 84 (100% 120)
    • 46 - 50: 95 (100% 136)

what if only 11 can make it in one day. That's only 14%. Will these 11 players get the following reward in future?
    • 10 - 18: 10 (100% 72)
    • 19 - 25: 12 (100% 88)
    • 26 - 35: 15 (100% 104)
    • 36 - 45: 17 (100% 120)
    • 46 - 50: 19 (100% 136)
    Not very encouraging reward and I bet that the remaining 68 members won't be members for long if they can't make the quest in one day.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    We haven't been able to cancel GQs for quite a while now, that got broken around the time the XXL/Ali baba stuff got added.
    This looks like an even bigger mess than the current system and if you aren't changing the ridiculous quests we already get, how on earth do you expect people to knock out a large adventure in very limited time, or trade for hard to produce items? Even the usual solution for trading portions of quests, where 2 guild members swap trades to complete now means that they've both got to be online within a short space of time.
    I'm with jollyfog and later posters, go back to the drawing board and come up with a system that makes sense, and listen to the players who have had to endure these for 3 years now. We've already made some very good suggestions on how to improve GQs, but like most good ideas no GDs or Devs seem bothered to read or understand them.
    You don't even seem to understand your own system as it stands now, GQs are not attached to the Guild Leader, they still appear whether he/she is active or not.
    Assigning quests to inactive players is utter madness, expecting players to churn out the kinds of quests we get daily is utter madness. The current system has already been responsible for breaking up loads of guilds, this looks even worse.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread