Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

Community Team – (FR) Game Master Pathfinder BB_Shark's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

Dear Guild Quest lovers,

the stacking feature was not the only exciting addition to
    the current game version on tsotesting.com.

The most recent > Sneak Peek < provides details about the changes and
    advantages of the new guild quest system.

What is your opinion on these changes?

Have fun testing!
    BB_Shark
    Last edited by BB_Shark; 23.11.15 at 15:41.

World
    Northisle
    If I've understood this correctly this new system favors very active guilds with active players and not so much for the casual players and guilds in which they are in. After this change all the players that don't complete guild quests daily will become a liability to the guild and lower the possible reward from the quest. On that sense the old system is better as it gives time to complete the quest and the casual players don't affect on the amount of reward.

• The Guild Quests rewards are now based on the percentage of guild members finishing their tasks

If this would be changed to "The Guild Quests rewards are now based on the number of guild members finishing their tasks" the inactive players wouldn't make such a big difference on the reward.
    Last edited by Durin_d; 23.11.15 at 16:09.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Absolutely boggled.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakPeek
    What has been changed?

• The main Quest has been disconnected from the guild leader to allow a Guild Quest to be finished even in his or her absence
    It wasn't connected in the first place.

Players have been pointing this out for years.

From 19.03.13 "Cancelling the Guild Quest":

Quote Originally Posted by Vervain View Post
    So how did it work? Did the guild leader cancel for the whole guild, or were they able to cancel individually?

I have contacted support, but I'm not too confident with their response... last time I was given a totally incorrect response, which caused us some grief.

I was told by Tatiana:

"To be able to complete the quest you need to contact Guild leader as only guild leader have available button to complete the specific guest a subsequently accept rewards. After guild leader will confirm completing of the guest whole guild will receive their rewards for completed Guild guest."

After much hassle - we discovered that, in fact, the guild quest auto-completes when the last person finishes their sub-quest.

From 24.03.13 "Missing Guild Quests (Again.)":

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    I've spoken with Support but unfortunately they've been unable to help and have "passed the information along to the Devs" [...] there seems still to be some confusion there and On High about how GQs break and even how they work in the first place.

•Status of your Guild Leader. You may be told Guild Leaders must sign in every day for the GQs to come daily and that only the Leader can complete or cancel a GQ, this is not accurate. New GQs have been arriving whether the leader is active or no and they complete automatically when the required number of people have done the Individual portion, there is no special Complete Button the leader must press.
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakPeek
    FAQ

Does that mean that the guild quest is available for all members, even if the guild leader is flagged as offline/inactive?

Guild members will not be flagged as "offline" anymore. All guild members will receive the guild quest, even if the guild leader is absent for a longer period of time.
    Again, people currently get guild quests no matter if the leader is active or not, as they have for years.

The rest is certainly interesting, and while cutting down on guilds of a few active people riding a large member list for lots of extra guild coins makes sense, Durin_d makes a good point about guilds with more casual players. Also, with a number of quests to 'Do two advs' and info from the test server showing 'Do a 1001 Nights adv' in the new higher level quests there's a good chance a lot of people will be cut off mid-quest, even if they make a solid effort.

Curious to see how it pans out. And still, Absolutely. Boggled. by the top-of-the-list "change".
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 23.11.15 at 16:27. Reason: added FAQ

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yep, looks like guilds have to clean out inactives more vigorously now.

World
    Newfoundland
    finally

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Additionally. If players can't finish those objectives in 1-3hrs or so they miss out on that daily reward. Now, for people working (like me) I hope they actually took that into account, and changed all (daily) guild quest requirements to something that can be completed in 1 hour or less.

But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if BB expects players to complete a big adventure a day. Or donate 30 cannons/salt a day for a measly amount of coins.
    Here's naively hoping they kept all of that in the back of their minds when coming up with daily guildquests.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraku View Post
    Additionally. If players can't finish those objectives in 1-3hrs or so they miss out on that daily reward. Now, for people working (like me) I hope they actually took that into account, and changed all (daily) guild quest requirements to something that can be completed in 1 hour or less.

But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if BB expects players to complete a big adventure a day. Or donate 30 cannons/salt a day for a measly amount of coins.
    Here's naively hoping they kept all of that in the back of their minds when coming up with daily guildquests.
    Easiest scenarios can be done in 5 minutes and count as adv and many others can be done as lootspot. Most of the other quests completed by doing few clicks or doing double trades with a guildie. I don't think any good guild will start kicking people instantly if people miss a few every now and then. The expensive donate quild quest have already been cancelled by many guilds.

World
    Northisle
    This could work if the rewards from the sub quest and main quest are changed (i.e. 119 from sub quest and 1-17 from the main quest) making the main quest less important. But if the rewards remain (17 from sub quest and 1-119 from the main) then all the casual players will be kicked out of the guilds.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Will the actual quests be reworked or just the mechanism behind them?
    Looking at the current quests for players in the high 50s early 60s, the option to opt out without upsetting guildmates is appreciated.
    HOTFIX!

Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.
    World
    Northisle
    I support the idea that only members who actually did their gq get a reward. But if the reward is based now on percentage and not on total numbers of ppl who completed then I think it only would be fair if every guild gets the same quests. As it's now guilds with fewer members get easier quests while guilds with more members very often need to complete adventures or pay expensive ressources.

Reply to Thread