Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

World
    Sandycove
    simply keeping the current system with only change in rewarding ones that actually completed the GQ would do just nicely and would be no need for such drastic changes and all the drama that follows... i think BB is able to do something like that ?

effects:
    -relieved pressure on the guildies and most certainly on officers
    -casual players can pop in, grab a few rewards a month and dash out till they feel comfy to continue (with the current side effect of raising the need limit, but that's on the guild's management to decide whether they keep them or not, as till now)
    -happier and less "must do GQ asap" stressful environment for the whole game
    -reasonable amount of coins within the game and per server (should be BB's path to keep guild coins their real value, and not expected grand fluctuations before and in in the first few months after the shop change)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    This is a view taken by large guild's with vast amount of inactives.
    With regards to 24hrs to complete the quest I feel that it is a smart move by BB to try to promote more activity, the more active the players are them more chance to make money and that can only be better for the game.

Having a few irregular players will not affect your guild rewards under the new changes you will actually get more. I think a simple rule to follow is active guilds will not struggle, inactive guilds (50% or more inactive accounts) you will now struggle

For us in small active guilds believe me it is viewed more along the lines of exploiting, gaining an unfair advantage and cheating. I firmly believe it is also a major factor that has brought about this change.
    I strongly dissagree

I consider my guild to be small and active. These changes are bad for us - and they make me really mad.
    I dont like others to boss me or our guild members around. This is a game. I like us to do guild quest in our own time. We are from different time zones - so we are not online at the same time. We have active and inactive members.

We will get more players who are not in a guild and who drop out of game more easily this way.

I would like that:

Only members who actually do guild quest get reward.
    all members get the same amount of coins- no matter if it is a big or small guild.
    I like long quests like adventures. The short ones are just boring.
    Guild officers should be able to cancel quests.
    No 24 hour rule. It is a game - not an assembly line

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Someone told me that there even is planned a timer that tells how much time left to do Guild quest!

Please pretty please. I beg you. Dont do that!

This is a game. We have timers on our jobs and schools. We do this for fun. Dont make this into a duty we have to do each day!

I know I said this before - but it cant be said too often. and no one from BB cared to answer this.

Why do we have to be forced into a 24 hour limit ?
    Those who want to can finish within 24 hours. Nothing is stopping them. Why cant the rest of us be allowed to do it in our own time ???

Please BB change this or give us an answer!

World
    Newfoundland
    the timer is in the quest book not in your face constantly like the event countdown
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    the timer is in the quest book not in your face constantly like the event countdown
    Ok. But still why do we all need that. I am very sure I don't need it.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Ive been tearing my hair out over this as about one third of our guild are very definitely 'part-time' players and others are in time zones all over the world. Some of the part-timers are founding guild members and we were looking at the possibility of losing them, which I was very unhappy about.

We have all been discussing it across the guild and we may have a solution - for us at least. Stop doing the GQ and designate 2 - 3 players in the guild as traders who use donated resources to exchange for gold coin on TO and use the coin to buy the buildings etc we would usually get with guild coins. This lets us have the more casual players still a part of the guild, yet we would still be able to get the things we want. (I hope).

Must admit I only see one other alternative. We could all do this until BB decides to implement the changes to the GQ that so many have talked about in this thread. OK, you can never please all of the people all of the time but the present proposals mitigate against small guilds with casual players very strongly......and as others have said, this is a GAME. Why should we be forced to view part of it as a duty just to be able to buy a few buildings in the guild merchant instead of on TO.
    Other thing I have noticed is how much the buildings in the Guild Merchant are increasing in cost even there. Friary costs? Really?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    For what it's worth, I am looking forward to these long needed changes. My only fear is that the level 51-65 quests will be too difficult/expensive to do in 24 hours to be worth doing every day and people will not do them as a result (would have been nice to test these on testing rather than have everyone testing at the 66-75 level quests).

All in all a welcome change though in my opinion.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Hmmm when I read the new system I think it will be better for casual players. With the current system, the lack of players completing the guild quest can block the quest from completion for days. The new system will complete the quest anyhow, so no more waiting for completion.
    It will give maybe less coins per quest, but if you get them everyday it is maybe the same or better?

I myself am a casual player. I may login everyday but only for a quick check or to collect the daily reward.
    That does give met the "active" status forcing me to complete the guild quest or getting harrassed by the guild for not doing so.

I could be wrong, but in my opition these changes are welcome. The sooner the better.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well seems it will hit us today. We lost a nice guild member already. Wonder why BB ask for feedback- not often they use it for anything.
    I should know by now that it does not matter what we write but I try anyway.

Please make it possible to have inactive members who do not get guild quests.
    Please make it up to each guild if they want to be on a 24 hour schedule or not.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 for the latter idea :-)

Reply to Thread