Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

World
    Newfoundland
    I have to say I am quite happy with these changes. My guild may actually benefit as those players who do not complete due to the current 80% cut-off can maybe add more to the reward (not to mention that annoying situation of being 5 mins from finishing and someone else completes the gq first). We already do gq daily, so no issues there. We also don't keep inactives in guild.
    That being said, other guilds may be more relaxed about gq's, but i don't see that as an issue either. Those guilds that don't care, can still ignore gq, maybe do the odd one and not get stuck for days, as the gq will change daily. Those guilds that fill up on inactives simply to gain the higher guild coin rewards, well, they will have to decide whether to continue, or clear them out. I do think this will help reduce the number of guilds filled with non-playing players.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    I have to say I am quite happy with these changes. My guild may actually benefit as those players who do not complete due to the current 80% cut-off can maybe add more to the reward (not to mention that annoying situation of being 5 mins from finishing and someone else completes the gq first). We already do gq daily, so no issues there. We also don't keep inactives in guild.
    That being said, other guilds may be more relaxed about gq's, but i don't see that as an issue either. Those guilds that don't care, can still ignore gq, maybe do the odd one and not get stuck for days, as the gq will change daily. Those guilds that fill up on inactives simply to gain the higher guild coin rewards, well, they will have to decide whether to continue, or clear them out. I do think this will help reduce the number of guilds filled with non-playing players.
    Why do you want us to kick the inactive ? This will give tension in guilds and a lot of pressure. Not all guilds will survive. And to what point ? What is the problem with alowing guilds to have inactive players ??. They might become active again, but the chances are bigger if they are in a guild.
    If daily guild quest means only doing mini adventures and the type of quest we have had so far- then what is the point ? I would prefer more interesting quests that might take more time. Like doing adventures that might take longer than one day.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    What about international guilds - how the devs see the 1 day auto-complete - 1 day for who and starting when? We also keep only active members, but what if quests are not really thought of - one may be much more harder - needs day or two and the other is just a matter of 5 mins? we rarely see waiting gq but anyway we catch up. One day is not a good idea - or just rename them to daily guild quests .

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The problem for me is currently if I hand over 40 carriages for instance I can expect a full reward for doing so, it might take a day or two but it will always be a full reward. If I'm reading this right the new system will complete regardless of how many actually complete the quest so hypothetically I can hand in my guild quest at just past 2 am and throughout the rest of the day none of my guild can bother to hand in theirs for whatever reason and I can end up with a tiny reward.

At present it's a lousy exchange as it is for say carriages to guild coins but on the face of it it could get even worse, honestly the quests that are hand over X of something should all go. I've no idea what the higher level quests will encompass but if there's any that involve handing over elite weapons or materials that will pretty much finish me off with guild quests.

I've been in 100 man guild and admit it's pretty frustrating sitting looking at a GQ for days on end waiting for people to complete so that part of the changes is probably welcome.

The mechanics of the quest itself is also sometimes annoying, how many times have people done reverse trades for someone's guild quest and looked after they've logged out and seen they've not handed in, couldn't this auto complete ? or at least give them some indication they haven't handed in.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree with Kit. The new system seems to be a lot better even if the reward per quest might go down. At least we will have one daily and there won't be days of waiting on a single quest when few people are stalling it and guild management is hassling around trying to get people to do their part.

The suggested calculation seems ok, the reward should be more connected to the amount of active players than total member count or else there will be even more zerg guilds spamming invites to every face to get coins. Casual guilds can still continue on playing the easy way they want to and cherry pick only the cheap and easy click click quests.

Bad quests can still be skipped or cancelled, nothing changing there?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Bad quests can still be skipped or cancelled, nothing changing there?
    if we get 1 quest for every 24h what is the point to skip or cancel even if such options are still available after the change?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Northisle
    What about allowing a guild to set a time limit on GQs? 24 hours is not long if you have to do 2 adventures, for example - most of my guild work full time and can't hammer out two adventures every evening, but we could get it done in a couple of days; so allow guild leaders to set a limit of 24, 48, or 72 hours on the GQ, that way each guild can play as it wishes.

Also, what about guildies who go on holiday, for instance? Are we supposed to kick them out for 2/3 weeks while they're away so that the rest of us don't suffer or will BB introduce a 'holiday' setting so that they don't count against us in % completion? Over the summer it's not unusual for us to have several guildies all away at once, likewise over Christmas, a lot of people are spending time with family and aren't on every day or even for the entire week of Christmas and New Year, so under the current system they're 'inactive' for that week and don't count towards GQs, but now they're going to limit the coins that other players get because they will contribute to % incomplete...

I agree that inactives shouldn't boost the number of guild coins (to an extent, if another guild is sitting there with 60 inactive players and only 15 active that makes absolutely no difference to my guild or guild coins whatsoever...), but I'm not sure this has been fully thought through.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatini View Post
    What about allowing a guild to set a time limit on GQs? 24 hours is not long if you have to do 2 adventures, for example - most of my guild work full time and can't hammer out two adventures every evening, but we could get it done in a couple of days; so allow guild leaders to set a limit of 24, 48, or 72 hours on the GQ, that way each guild can play as it wishes.

Also, what about guildies who go on holiday, for instance? Are we supposed to kick them out for 2/3 weeks while they're away so that the rest of us don't suffer or will BB introduce a 'holiday' setting so that they don't count against us in % completion?
    I'm happy with the idea of guild members needing to be more 'responsible' because why join a guild if you don't want to contribute? If you want to be a casual player then don't be a guild member. I't like joining a club but never going to the club hall or attending the meetings.... what's the point?

But I completely agree with the above - either the time frame should be extended (I think 3 days sounds good) or the guild leader can set it somehow. And there should be a vacation mode. Many games support this. While in vacation mode you produce nothing, use nothing, and are not part of the guild obligations or rewards.The events are different - if you chose (or can't) participate you affect only yourself, but in the guild you affect others.

I suppose it's expected that we leave the guild if we have to go on holiday and then re-join when we get back. But then you are delayed from guild activity for a while, maybe the people that can invite you are now themselves away, all kinds of possible issues. It would be better to have a vacation mode.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Is this update to take attention away from all the bugs and game freezes, chat resets, increasing time between zones that has been forgotten? I love new content and fixing older content to give it more appeal, but recent changes seem to be doing the opposite like with the Roaring Bull adventure.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is badly thought out. The only good part is that only members who do the quest get the end reward. I'm usually on most days, but can't stop and do 2 adv every night. Some guildies are on active service, some have to travel away for work, some have small kids. It's not realistic to expect people to have gq cancel after 24 hours. Paying weapons is difficult. How are people supposed to be able to do adventures for gq if they're on an ali baba, or something - just not enough hours/slots to do it. It's all fine and dandy to say 'do a lootspot, but someone has to be able to run the adv itself!
    Just NO!

Reply to Thread