Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    i see nothing about reworking the actual guild quests, so does this mean those bad guild quests that no one wants to do are staying? why not rework the whole system while you are at it ???

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    The way this is setup on test server right now is nothing short of a total disaster.

Try this, set a minimum reward based on number of members in guild.
    Even if only one out of 100 completes, that one player will get the minimum reward when GQ ends.
    Set a target number of players required to complete before the reward starts to increase.
    Once minimum target number of completes is reached,
    every player that completes above the minimum target will increase the reward amount to a max reward that is set based on total number of players in guild.

(it's late, I'm tired, so this might not make sense)zzzzzzz

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    The time clock thing bothers me too.....timed from when? An arbitrary time set by BB? Midnight to midnight? I have players in my guild in several time zones....midnight for me is not their midnight so...er........they have a shorter time to do the GQ than the rest of us? How is that fair, or will my guild have to become less international in flavour than it is now - that isn't good.

To be honest I am wringing my hands.......if the devs are so far from understanding the mechanics of the game (a game for which they presumably set the script parameters) as to think the GQ is linked to the activity of the GL......then we are looking at months and months of 'broken' GQ

PLAY THE GAME is all I can say, so that you at least know how it behaves now, before you mess with it further.

You know, I really like this game, I love the 'family' of my guild members, it is these things that keep me here - but the constant ignoring of what we who play the game are saying (how long have we been asking for GQ changes????), of our reasonable and sometimes inspired suggestions, is finally getting to me.

World
    Sandycove
    or, maybe the only change that should be made is that those who complete the GQ actually get the so called completion amount of guild coins as soon as they have done their bit, and the remaining lower amount gets paid once the full quota of quests have been reached. That way you are rewarding, more fairly, those who take part fully.

for instance

currently
    13ggcs + 91ggcs

becomes
    91ggcs + 13ggcs
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 24.11.15 at 07:20.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    if we get 1 quest for every 24h what is the point to skip or cancel even if such options are still available after the change?
    Not much but there will probably still be guilds that want to remove the expensive ones from the list so people don't do them by mistake or people don't want to look them

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    or, maybe the only change that should be made is that those who complete the GQ actually get the so called completion amount of guild coins as soon as they have done their bit, and the remaining lower amount gets paid once the full quota of quests have been reached. That way you are rewarding, more fairly, those who take part fully.

for instance

currently
    13ggcs + 91ggcs

becomes
    91ggcs + 13ggcs
    +1

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Not much but there will probably still be guilds that want to remove the expensive ones from the list so people don't do them by mistake or people don't want to look them
    you cant do that unless all people in your guild are in the same lvl bracket.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    you cant do that unless all people in your guild are in the same lvl bracket.
    Yes you can do it and many guilds have. Of course there has been a bracket that will miss an easy one cause the other one has had expensive but it has worked both ways. It's just a matter of what guild decides. It works currently and I don't see a problem in future either.

edit: guilds can also choose to not delete any with the new one and people can decide if they will do it
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 24.11.15 at 09:02.

World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb

Two things that absolutely have to be changed before this goes live:

The Guild Quests rewards are now based on the percentage of guild members finishing their tasks
    The Guild Quests rewards are now based on the percentage of guild members finishing their tasks versus who logged in during the time the quest was active.
    There is no reason whatsoever to keep players who had no chance to complete the quest included in the calculation of the reward.
    If this goes live as it is it pretty much destroys most of the current guilds.
    All existing guild main quests got two additional sub quests, one for level range 51 - 65 and one for 66 - 75
    The first new level range and the highest old level range have to be changed.
    46-55 (possibly 48-55 as there was some quest that asks to pay things you cant produce at 46?)
    56-65
    Why? Im willing to bet there is at least 1 quest in the current 51-65 range that asks to play Arabian nights adventure or pay/own elite resources/troops etc.
    Its completely unreasonable/impossible to ask this from a lvl 51 on a daily basis.

Does anyone have any info on the new payout structure?
    Last edited by topgearfan; 24.11.15 at 09:23.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post

for instance

currently
    13ggcs + 91ggcs

becomes
    91ggcs + 13ggcs
    +1

This is really good suggestion. And before that someone made a good comment about different timezones. And a comment about real life situations. Inacitve players might be good asset to guilds as well and now game devs just shows that they really don't understand this game. Why should all players be forced to same way of gaming? And yes: it really is forcing after the guild quest "improvement"

Reply to Thread