Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

World
    Newfoundland
    guild with 100 members doesnt get anything?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Judging by the figures shown in this post guilds interested in gq will now be actively pruning all non full time active members, which is a big shame.

All inactives: kicked
    All semi active: kicked
    All those just active during events: kicked

If BB had just gone for a simple linear reward system (basically 20 members reward is double what 10 members is etc etc) there would be no problem at all.
    As it stands, a guild is penalized for retaining members who are not fully active.

If 100 (well 99) members reward 260 (ish)... just setting 10 as 26, 20 as 52, 30 as 78 etc etc would balance it all... a 20 member guild could keep 10 inactives, get 50% of 52 and it would be the same as 100% of 26... simple and fair.

World
    Northisle
    I made a sheet that should shows how much guild coins we'll get if 10-100 members (5 member steps) complete the quest.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=0&single=true

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    Judging by the figures shown in this post guilds interested in gq will now be actively pruning all non full time active members, which is a big shame.

All inactives: kicked
    All semi active: kicked
    All those just active during events: kicked

If BB had just gone for a simple linear reward system (basically 20 members reward is double what 10 members is etc etc) there would be no problem at all.
    As it stands, a guild is penalized for retaining members who are not fully active.

If 100 (well 99) members reward 260 (ish)... just setting 10 as 26, 20 as 52, 30 as 78 etc etc would balance it all... a 20 member guild could keep 10 inactives, get 50% of 52 and it would be the same as 100% of 26... simple and fair.
    Sorry but your 100% wrong.

Effect of kicking all in-actives, none.
    Effect of kicking semi-actives, loss of guild coins.
    Effect of kicking event only actives, loss of guild coins.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post

Effect of kicking all in-actives, none.
    Effect of kicking semi-actives, loss of guild coins.
    Effect of kicking event only actives, loss of guild coins.
    How is he 100% wrong? today's update on official post with the example proves that he is at least partly correct when presuming non active people will most likely get kicked cause of the scaling loss in rewards

edit: 76 out of 86 members get less than 76 fully active members guild would which pretty much means semi/inactives are dead weight for active guild coin hunting, repeat the loss daily and it sums up pretty quickly
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 02.12.15 at 17:33.

World
    Newfoundland
    If a player is fully inactive then why keep them in guild? currently they bump up the guild coin rewards for guilds, this new system rewards guilds that are active, which makes sense to me. Clear the dead weight.
    If players only play during events? (which seems a weird thing to do, but whatever floats your boat) those players can always be kicked when away, and invited back during events, easy.
    And if you want to keep some semi-inactives? well, just from looking at my guilds numbers, due to the increase in coin reward, we will still get more guild coins with 80% completing than we currently do. So you can keep those special someones if you choose, without losing too much in rewards.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle

... edited inline comments...
    Effect of kicking all in-actives, none. (so very very wrong, 200% wrong by your math)
    Effect of kicking semi-actives, loss of guild coins. (that's what I said)
    Effect of kicking event only actives, loss of guild coins. (that's what I said)
    Go back and read (and hopefully understand) the information posted.. if you still do not understand, please ask someone who does.

Kit_
    I am basically saying that, each day, every player who fails to complete the GQ reduces the reward for those who do by an amount greater than the decrease if that player were not there to begin with.
    I am quite happy to kick all inactives, much like you are, just feel it is a shame to bias the rewards to promote kicking those semi active players too... sometimes I quite like seeing an old face appear in guild chat without needing to re-invite them to guild each time they reappear in the game.

Deciding whether a semi-active player stays or goes based upon reduction of in-game rewards is a harsh burden for guild leader and officers.
    With this proposed update, a nice personality player who logs in just once a week could well get kicked rather than lose the few guild coins over 6 days for the other players in guild. That can only hurt rather than help the community aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Tripi; 02.12.15 at 18:59.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I suppose by that logic is comes back to what the guild values more, a few guild coins or a semi active player. My guild has always had some players less likely to complete the GQ than others, and we understand that (family, work or other time constraints). I suspect that will continue and not be an issue in the future (as you say, why boot someone who is a welcome addition to the guild).

The current system allows for 20% of the guild to not do the guild quest on any given day, so this change need not change that. Under the new system it looks to me that if 20% of the guild doesn't do the guild quest, the guild will still get far more coins than under the old system. The only guilds that will be significantly effected (affected?) are the ones with many inactives (perhaps even a majority of members?)...and I don't see that as a bad change to make. No one is forcing a guild to boot inactives, they will just get less guild coins for keeping them. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    That would make you 200% wrong then... certainly more wrong than 100%...

Go back and read (and hopefully understand) the information posted.. if you still do not understand, please ask someone who does.
    At the time I posted I was basing what I said based on the information available this morning before the most recent post which I had not yet read .

However unless a guild has exactly the number of active players as those needed to complete the quests under the current system they wont have accurate data from past completions on which to base policy for the new system. The current system only demands that you complete about 4 out of 5 guild quests the new system is asking for 100% effort.

For starters you can't expect lower level members to give that much, even with a guild which bends over backwards to help them out there are going to be times where there is nothing that can be done to help them out. Like wise for high level players with the new high level quests to come there are some which just can't be done if they catch you at the wrong time, a 20% buff on a bookbinder won't help when you need 9 DAYS to produce the right book to fulfil the quest.

Another problem is the nature of the quests your being asked to do. Besides the greater reward to be obtained, some of the quests which until now were the province of smaller guilds are as not as favourable to players in the context of the game as a whole. If you want to see what I mean by that I suggest you check these forums, the information in a popular wiki as of the last checking was wildly inaccurate.

Until we have several months of working under the new system you are not going to have Hard Data upon which to make a informed decision on if kicking those players is the wisest course of action to take. It could be that the rewards gained by when the semi-actives log in out weighs the losses of when they don't, each has to be judged on a case by case basis.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    At the time I posted I was basing what I said based on the information available this morning before the most recent post which I had not yet read ...
    Until we have several months of working under the new system you are not going to have Hard Data upon which to make a informed decision on if kicking those players is the wisest course of action to take. It could be that the rewards gained by when the semi-actives log in out weighs the losses of when they don't, each has to be judged on a case by case basis.
    A much more sensible reply ... and one that doesn't just call me fully wrong.

As you say, there are several inherent problems with the proposed system, basically because any player on any day who fails a GQ impacts the reward more than if they were not in the guild at all.

This problem manifests in:
    Players choosing to Not do a GQ due to it being too hard or non cost effective.
    Players without sufficient time to complete a GQ or even those who just forget to click complete.
    Players absent from the game for any particular day (including semi-actives, event-actives and in-actives).

If BB chose a linear reward tier instead (by that I mean linear through zero, such that each guild size reward maximum is its exact percent of the max guild size reward maximum) they would instantly remove all those problems and allow guilds to choose whether to keep or kick members as they pleased.

Reply to Thread