Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Guild Quest Rework

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    edit: guilds can also choose to not delete any with the new one and people can decide if they will do it
    thats the point i was trying to make. any kind of deleting is rendered useless with new system
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    wow, a lot of complaining, as usual. I like these changes. No more freeloading by active players. No more 75% of members completing an expensive quest only to hit maintenance reset. And no more having main quest completing while you're still running the adventure you need to do.
    And yes, maybe you'll get less guildcoins per quest, but you will get a quest every day, instead of having to wait 2-3 days for number 45 to complete. Same with temporary inactive players, it evens out or maybe even improves.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    thats the point i was trying to make. any kind of deleting is rendered useless with new system
    I know and my point was that there will still be guilds who would want use the quest visibility as rule that everyone should try to finish the quest. This way there is no need to ask or mail every day if are we doing this one or not when people play different times. It has worked well so far, if it's not there then no need to do anything, if its there you will have to try to finish it. The option of letting it all go on it's own pace usually means everyone probably do them only randomly or never and rewards will be always low
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 24.11.15 at 09:57.

World
    Northisle
    My suggestion for guild quest rework:

System:

One main guild quest for whole guild that will autocomplete on every maintenance (weekly) or completed once per day by the guild leader or the guild officers (depending on the guild rights). The reward from this quest raises by one guild coin every time a guild member completes his or her sub quest. When the quest completes all the players who have completed their guild quest will get the reward and if they have completed more then one sub quest their reward will be multiplied with the amount completed sub quests.

Every player in guild, active and inactive, will get a sub quest. This sub quest will last as long as the main quest, but if the quest is completed or cancelled before the main quest ends the player will get a new sub quest for the same main quest once per day. These sub quests would depend on the player level and would have different difficulties and rewards in that player level step.

Quests:

Remove the guild size as a factor when generating the new quest for a player. Combine all the old quests (I dont take a position on the quests here) in to one pool divided by the player levels (10-18, 19-25, 26-35, 36-45, 46-50, 51-65 and 66-75). The amount of guild coins these quest give will depend on their difficulty (old guild size level).

coins per pleyer level:
    10 - 18: 2 - 9
    19 - 25: 4 - 11
    26 - 35: 6 - 13
    36 - 45: 8 - 15
    46 - 50: 10 - 17
    51 - 65: 12 - 19
    66 - 75: 14 - 21

Guild size: main quest reward is limited to 7x[guild size] (100 players -> 700 , 50 players -> 350 , 10 players -> 70 )

Inactive players: don't have positive or negative effect on the reward. Only if guild doesn't have room for more active players.

Time: No more waiting for others to complete their quest. Time to do more difficult and more rewarding quests. Each player can cancel their own guild sub quest in hope of a better one the next day (maybe get one from the waiting queue).

Calculations:

example 50 member guild, player A (lvl50) completes her sub quest daily, player B (lvl 33) completes his sub quest twice a week and guild makes 150 sub guest in total (on average 3 quest per member).

Player A would get 10-17 per quest (70-119 in 7 days) + 7x150

Player B would get 6-13 per quest (12-26 in 7 days) + 2x150

This suggestion is licences under CC BY 4.0 so that BB is free to modify it and use it commercially.
    Last edited by Durin_d; 24.11.15 at 12:29.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    The reward should not depend on the total number of members of a guild. It should depend of what % of members set as active that complete.

The inactive members should be allowed to stay and have no impact at all on the guild quests, and receive no guild quests.

The quest should take as much time as the guild want them to take. They should not auto complete every day.
    Why not ?
    Because this is a slow game- not a race or a competition. Our guilds are very different and that is what is nice about this game.
    Some guilds have a mixture of members form all over the globe. My guild has some members from Europe and some from Australia and New Zealand. A 24 hour limit would be a problem for os for all the reasons given here.
    Fast qusts are boring- so that is another reason for not having daily guild quests that run out after 24 hours.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm not following the international argument here. I see this as benefiting international players in that in the current system (for example), if someone only logs on every day 3 hours before the guild reset time on a guild that does their GQ daily, they are likely to miss out on ever completing it (as the other players in the guild would have long since completed the 80% required). If that same person logs on under the new system, they will have 3 hours to complete their GQ and will actually be a contributing member of the GQ (as they are no longer limited by the 80%).

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    or, maybe the only change that should be made is that those who complete the GQ actually get the so called completion amount of guild coins as soon as they have done their bit, and the remaining lower amount gets paid once the full quota of quests have been reached. That way you are rewarding, more fairly, those who take part fully.

for instance

currently
    13ggcs + 91ggcs

becomes
    91ggcs + 13ggcs
    +1

I think that has merit. But also I am in favor of a change that encourages activity on the guild quests and gives incentive to remove those players that are not participating. And the idea of the quests auto-completing sooner is also good, it's only the time frame I'm not sure about.
    Last edited by Xibor; 24.11.15 at 20:17.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula_Ravenhawk View Post
    I'm not following the international argument here. I see this as benefiting international players in that in the current system (for example), if someone only logs on every day 3 hours before the guild reset time on a guild that does their GQ daily, they are likely to miss out on ever completing it (as the other players in the guild would have long since completed the 80% required). If that same person logs on under the new system, they will have 3 hours to complete their GQ and will actually be a contributing member of the GQ (as they are no longer limited by the 80%).
    Except some of the new higher level guild quests are produce X amount of Y which is probably not possible if your logging in 3 hours before the reset.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Just out of curiosity how much testing of this can actually be done, no doubt all the lvl 75 quests can be done on test and all the kinks iron out maybe, I noticed there's a few varying size guilds on the test server. But the bit that actually matters 50-65 can't be tested because the level cap on test is straight to 75.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Except some of the new higher level guild quests are produce X amount of Y which is probably not possible if your logging in 3 hours before the reset.
    There is one which takes over 6 hours with a level 6 tit smelter if you use a 4x buff on it.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread