Reply to Thread

Thread: Rework daily Quests for over 50's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

Rework daily Quests for over 50's

Since the changes to daily quests a while ago I don't think I've bothered doing more than a few, mostly because they are irrelevant. I really can't be bothered doing named adventures if they are not in my game plan for the day, I will accidentally do the buff quests, very rarely the trade quests and almost never the pay certain materials to get others back.

How about reworking them for over 50's so they pay a very small amount of star coins, it doesn't need to be massive mostly in the 1-10 range with perhaps the odd one paying a better amount it would be of more use to me than a small amount of copper or iron for sure.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Since the changes to daily quests a while ago I don't think I've bothered doing more than a few, mostly because they are irrelevant. I really can't be bothered doing named adventures if they are not in my game plan for the day, I will accidentally do the buff quests, very rarely the trade quests and almost never the pay certain materials to get others back.

How about reworking them for over 50's so they pay a very small amount of star coins, it doesn't need to be massive mostly in the 1-10 range with perhaps the odd one paying a better amount it would be of more use to me than a small amount of copper or iron for sure.
    I totally agree. There seems to be no scaling for level. I can't believe that at 51 I'm asked to do something to earn 30 copper ore. Not only are these just useless to me, but often you actually loose on the transaction. It's ridiculous at times. I certainly hope it gets changed at some point.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry but the over 50's don't have the right to demand this and exclude those under 50's, the entire system needs to be given some thought to improve the bad hatchet job of the last change.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Sorry but the over 50's don't have the right to demand this and exclude those under 50's, the entire system needs to be given some thought to improve the bad hatchet job of the last change.
    Why would an under 50 need star coins ? and who's demanding last I looked this is a suggestion forum and I pretty sure I put forward a suggestion to make daily quests relevant to over 50's.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    While I'm thinking about it Dorotheus did you not notice that BB themselves differentiate over 50's for guild quests so why not daily quests ?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    What I meant is the daily's for all levels need looking at, not just those for the over 50's.

As for the idea that BB are differentiating for the over 50's as you say is pure nonsense. The simple fact is once again as we have seen something introduced with no regard to it's impact to the game as a whole and now BB are playing catch up. XXL should have included new daily and guild quests from the start, likewise is should have also included bonus adventure and treasure quests and adjustments to both of the science trees.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    if i remember correctly that what brought TSO out of beta format was the content, now i really do wonder what content was that ? we could've gotten raving bunnies jumping all over the map and they'd say we're no longer beta 'couse we've got their bunnies...

fix DQ and GQ systems, fix that pv? thing so more than 2 people per server gets involved there, bring some sense to the quests we do all the time
    there is really an awful lot of work to bring TSO in a good shape and all they do is new buggy content
    oh, and here's the lag issue too that we're so used to already http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ous-lag-issues
    Last edited by Urgh123; 25.11.15 at 23:42. Reason: added some lag

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    There is a very long tread already about this. Not above level 50- but the discussion is the same. Quest like rasing the level of a hunter, does not make much sense when you have upgraded them all. You cant keep building one more. The reward is not worth building one and then bomb it.

That said I doubt no one will ever listen. They seem to prefer to disregard all that is written, even though players keep asking for about the same things.
    They seem prefer to come up with something totally different, that no one asked for and may people prefer to be without. Like the newly advertised changes to the guild quests.

It makes me wonder why we bother to write anything at al in this forum.

Reply to Thread