Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] New chat features

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    problem is tutorial, not level 5 restriction.
    what if lvl 1 can write? again will be problem in tutorial. so if bb change level requirement for chat, again will be problem with tutorial.

instead to all you focus on real problem (tutorial) you talking about chat restriction which is actually not problem.
    BB don't understand their own game

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Urd123
    Then i would change my mouse Mine is just a pretty inexpensive HP one. My husband has a different mouse and laptop and it works for him too.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    what if lvl 1 can write? again will be problem in tutorial. so if bb change level requirement for chat, again will be problem with tutorial.

instead to all you focus on real problem (tutorial) you talking about chat restriction which is actually not problem.
    Agree

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Don't like the use of icons for the tabs, especially when they're small and not that intuitive.
    We've seen this mistake before, after BB thought it would make life easier for non-native speakers by replacing the "OK" button on quests with a large green tick. Instead, the number of people asking how to complete a quest actually went up considerably.
    As for the language channels themselves, we've always been in an unique position here (apart from the Spanish/Portuguese language versions which support each other) and BB seemed rather illogical in the implementation. On the assumption that more people speak English than any other language, to then create a myriad of separate channels (a load nobody else was expected to bear, if they were aiming to do that then other language versions could have shared this burden) doesn't really make sense and having 4 separate channels for the same language to cater for the different countries that speak it seems bizarre.
    Even when new native language servers have been created, and the relevant channels closed on here, the trend has always been for the players to return here anyway sooner or later, and put up with English as the chosen language.
    Replacing the Union Flag with that stupid blue thing just added to the confusion, that belongs elsewhere and after next year's referendum will be completely misleading.
    As for the level cap on being able to chat, maybe there was a need for it 4 years ago, I don't think so now and it's only going to discourage new players when they can't ask for help, very few seem willing to read even when pointed towards the guides anyway.

Please do not swear, even in abbreviations.
    Last edited by MOD_Houri; 12.12.15 at 08:08.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    I cant change size of text with mouse wheel. I can only change size of map. It does not affect the chat.
    might be browser not mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post

you know very well how bb works. there is no chance they will change the tutorial(its done). they might change the chat (in development) if everyone (ahem, the germans) scream to high heaven.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 11.12.15 at 22:23.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

qawpaw
    stik to English problem solved

World
    Northisle
    I don't always agree with Corona, but in this instance I believe he/she is absolutely right. And if I knew how to do quotes, I would quote that post here (d'oh).

The problem lies with the wording of the tutorial. I've lost count how many new players have got stuck at level 4, Perfect Pinewood quest. The tutorial should be reworded in such a way that "at least 0" cannot be misinterpretted, as is so often the case.

Unless something like this is done, I think a good number of players will quit when they can't get past that quest and have no means of asking for advice or help.

If this can be sorted, then I would favour an inability to use the chats until level 5. It would do much to discourage the trolls who's sole purpose for loading the game is to disrupt people and gain attention.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsh View Post
    And if I knew how to do quotes, I would quote that post here (d'oh).
    "reply with quote: button, right next to reply." I hope that helps.

And agreed - the 'at least zero' is horrible wording. I would expect most would figure it out but for those working in multiple languages, this can cause great confusion. It should be changed.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    stik to English problem solved
    That's just rude.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    Urd123
    Then i would change my mouse Mine is just a pretty inexpensive HP one. My husband has a different mouse and laptop and it works for him too.
    I am pretty sure it would make no difference. My friend use chrome. He can rezise the text a bit - but that makes the map very ugly and pixel like as the map resize too.

I use firefox and I think that is why. But the resize he can do does not solve the problem for him. I am pretty sure I am not the only one who would like the text to be easier to read.

Reply to Thread