Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] New chat features

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Haha that chat in the pic is funny

Saw Laibach live not too long ago and was awesome.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    looks good ty once again, and limiting to lv5 is gr8 idear, stop the trolls, to many get banned then rejoin minits later under dif name to abuse players and the moderators, well done again BB

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    My concern is that the players who struggle to get to level 5 will not be able to ask in help tab for advise. And sad though this may seem, there are a surprising number of people who do need help getting to level 5.
    I can understand the need to combat chat trolls, but it just may alienate quite a few new players in the process, leading to even more new players quitting very early on.
    Other than this, I like the new adventure tabs. Not convinced about using symbols though, might be harder for people to see where to chat. Easy to know to trade in 'Trade' tab than a tab with a scales on it.
    Agree with everything you said.

In other games, the spam from level 1 toons is a huge problem. But frankly, I can't see any such problems in this game, at least not on Sandycove. Which is why I believe the level 5 requirement for chat is completely unnecessary, and only adds problems for newbies.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    Agree with everything you said.

In other games, the spam from level 1 toons is a huge problem. But frankly, I can't see any such problems in this game, at least not on Sandycove. Which is why I believe the level 5 requirement for chat is completely unnecessary, and only adds problems for newbies.
    ive seen same player add game accounts several times to spam /troll and swear on g-1 and help

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    It's clearly a dark message. BB has spotted Global-1 is usually pretty dead. Even in their screenshot of the new chat, it takes 44 minutes before *Europe* start about the Final Countdown.
    They probably try to prepare us for the big news: It's the final countdown, no more updates after this one.

The positive thing is, there is no yellow in the chat.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have to agree that Help tab shouldn't be lvl restricted neither should all other chats be either imo, but most importantly Help tab should NOT be lvl restricted.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBosse View Post
    I have to agree that Help tab shouldn't be lvl restricted neither should all other chats be either imo, but most importantly Help tab should NOT be lvl restricted.
    Agreed. I can understand limiting the trade tab and perhaps the general chat, but the help chat is specifically for someone that is trying to find their way.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Most important issue for me is if I can read it or not. The icons might look nice - but I dont really care.

I would have prefered that the resources had been used to improving the font and size of it.
    I often have problems reading it, and my eyes get tired of reading it after some time.

In my dream chat you can scale the font size and change colour on both back ground and font. Best to read is like this forum. Dark on light background.
    I have a chronic problem with my eyes, but I dont think I am the only one that can have problems reading the chat.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I use the wheel on my mouse and hold down ctrl key until the size of the chat and avatars are the optimal size for me. Works well.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    I use the wheel on my mouse and hold down ctrl key until the size of the chat and avatars are the optimal size for me. Works well.
    I cant change size of text with mouse wheel. I can only change size of map. It does not affect the chat.

Reply to Thread