Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Minimum level for joining guild

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Ok lets put that one on the back burner for now.

We can't make membership of a tutorial guild mandatory. There are many valid reasons why a player may not wish to join a guild ranging from religious to plain shyness.
    Secondly how to know in advance how many of these sort of guilds would be needed. Thirdly there is catering for those who have very little English. Then we have the problem defining the exit conditions, hence me asking about loot spots.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Northisle
    Dorotheus- I see your logic now.

No, guild membership should never be mandatory, I agree.

I'm not sure it would be needful to know in advance how many would be needed. Players would apply as they wished from an early level, if it became full then a new guild would be started (ideally), which brings me to the last of your points- as players level up in the tutorial guild, they would encouraged to stretch their wings after the end of the tutorial. Say level 20 for an easy cut-off marker. With a constant incoming/outgoing of such a guild, there would regularly be spaces available.

I'm not suggesting they'd get booted at level 20, merely encouraged to look for a guild suitable for their needs from the forum info. Or maybe they'd prefer to stay and become some kind of helper- that sort of thing would have to be ironed out if it ever happened. Loot spots wouldn't be an issue until they joined a "real" guild.

I know it's unlikely to ever happen, but I do like the idea of it. I'm certain we'd lose fewer players!

Reply to Thread