Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xmas Event not activated

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Xmas Event not activated

once agian...the greta progammers at bb head quarters bring us another great event!...
    50% of guild have full xmas event the rest have nothing....no tree....no calendar...no quests....
    tried refresh cleared cache and tried diff browser nothing got event to work as its meant to.....
    visit a friend who has event running...get msg event started go back home...only get calendar which i cant do anyhing with as its got a 23 hr timer on it!...
    great start to event peeps !!!

edit yes upon refrsh everything disappears again....
    Last edited by ATHTHEMANIAC; 15.12.15 at 00:58.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Some people have the event (on Sandycove server) and others don't. I don't, but if I visit a friend's island, it's partially there when going back. I got the countdown window for the event, plus the event cathegory at the Merchant, nothing else - no quests, etc. Refreshing REMOVES everything, though.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    No xmas event when I log on but loading an adventure starts xmas event however kalender doors are locked and no quests at all.

World
    Sandycove
    It does sound like something (odd) is going on, at least at first:
    I logged in just before maintenance to check on something,

I had the calendar and opened the first door/window (ok so far),
    I had some explorers come back with some presents which surprised me because they were sent out long before the event started (so no complaint, just odd),
    I had a 'reach level 16 quest' which finished,
    then I needed to find candy canes, bells, dolls? (can't remember exactly) which the window said is supposed to be on the main island but none were found. That's when I logged out thinking it wasn't really ready yet.

I just checked again, and now I got a reward for opening the first window - and I notice the loading screen now has Santa. So it look to me like it's coming in phases and (hopefully) after maintenance all will be well.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have it working perfectly on Northisle, but not at all on Newfoundland!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Events that start or end "live" instead of during Maintenance can be extra buggy if you're in-game at the start/end times and a quick refresh isn't always enough.

Logging out completely for at least 15 minutes and clearing cache and cookies while you're out often helps, it gives the game time to reset things that have gone off-kilter. Bit late on the advice for this time around but something to keep in mind for the next time it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    then I needed to find candy canes, bells, dolls? (can't remember exactly) which the window said is supposed to be on the main island but none were found.
    The Candy Canes, Bells, and Gingerbread are just additional collectibles, they should begin appearing in the first new spawn after the event has started rather than sprouting instantly.

All that said, if you have some event bits like the Merchant shop hanging about at the end after the timer countdown runs out and you're not ready to lose them, do not refresh. They will very likely be gone when you come back. Collectibles are, again, an exception and need a fresh respawn to clear.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 15.12.15 at 04:27. Reason: tweak

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    extra buggy?..tbh there should be no bugs at all ...this is why we have a test server aint it..lol
    also if this is known why do a "live" start are bb just sitting with fingers crossed that this time will be differnt?..lol
    if i took my car for a service and the mechanic kept messing it up..then he deserves to be fired not kept on payroll...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I can still not login

edit 5 min later: I should have complaint sooner, I'm in now...lol
    Last edited by Oneybi; 15.12.15 at 05:14. Reason: changed situation

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    mmmmm :-)

Keen Commentor
    World