Reply to Thread

Thread: Need to warn about wool

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Need to warn about wool

There is nothing I can see in game that says Kitty Lure needs Wool.
    There is a mention in here on the Dev Diary, but not in the game. As such, low-level people can buy it and then find they can't produce any because they don't have wool thus effectively wasting the Christmas Presents (unless they keep playing until they are high enough, of course).
    Either add something to denote that you need to be high-level to get the wool ingredient or prevent lower-level players from buying it.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    wool is the most basic resource for the 50+ players. The homestead produces it without any resource costs at all. I expect it will be easy and cheap to buy enough wool in trade. Before there was no market for it - now there is.
    HOTFIX!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd prefer to use event resources to get the special items and menus during an event, even if I can't use them yet, instead of using gems later.

qawpaw
    yeahh m8 a big big bummer to find that out after we bought it :

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Wool can be acquired well below 50, and it is nice to have resource based access to anything that normally costs gems but it would be nicer still to be able to make an informed decision from the info available in-game, 180 Presents are not pocket change for a lot of people.

+1 on adding info.

World
    Sandycove
    The info is available. Clearly shown in the dev diary. From there, the wiki clearly explains how to get wool. This isn't hard. Please look at available information.
    Attached Images
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    The info is available. Clearly shown in the dev diary. From there, the wiki clearly explains how to get wool. This isn't hard. Please look at available information.
    Most of you seems to be missing the OP's point.

Hint for you, Xibor: "in game".

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    Most of you seems to be missing the OP's point.

Hint for you, Xibor: "in game".
    Fair enough - it was noted that it is in the diary in the original post. And I'm all in favor of having more information in game.
    However, it doesn't change my opinion that before you obtain something you research it's costs and effects. A game of this complexity cannot completely explain itself. Therefore, help tab in chat, forum, dev diary, wiki, etc. I wouldn't say that each adventure should have a complete explanation in the pop-up before you undertake it either.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    This is a endless bugbear with many aspects of the game. In game instructions have always been rather rubbish (nothing to do with game being "complicated" since it isn't really).

Nothing to do about it except deal with it and always make sure to read dev diaries and try things out on test before making a big investment/change.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Reply to Thread