Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Presents from treasure search [2015]

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Based on the returns seen on test , your explorers have returned the expected amount of presents, from now on you should expect to see about 540 by the end of the event if you send them all on very long searches. sending them on shorter ones could mean upto 80 less. that's for explorers from the tavern with no skills.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    sending them on shorter ones could mean upto 80 less.
    Actually shorter ones will bring more than long ones.

very long is 2x long, long is 2x medium and medium is 2x short so max present in one very long is 35 when on 2x 2x 2x short it is 80.

World
    Sandycove
    Unlike the collectibles, my explorers seem to be bringing back a reasonable amount - I would estimate 50% of the time they find presents and the amount is fitting for the type of search. Hard to believe that random usage seems to be in line with expectations but the collectibles are not. Scary actually...
    Last edited by Xibor; 16.12.15 at 20:46. Reason: The wife was talking to me
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    3 explorers is not very many.
    I have 9 and have been in the game over 2 years, I know of people who have around 20.
    Most of us who's been playing for 3-4 years, have 20+ if buying all available explorers during events and such. Personally I have 21, and finished the 600 present achievement earlier today. New players aren't meant to be able to do everything, neither did we when we began.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post

very long is 2x long, long is 2x medium and medium is 2x short so max present in one very long is 35 when on 2x 2x 2x short it is 80.
    This shows up the problem with the fact that events on test are abbreviated these days. It also shows up the problem of how the raw data is interpreted.

Assuming explorer actually find at the same rate as last year. I figure the following returns for a single unskilled tavern per day.
    Short 5.375 presents
    Medium 8.832
    Long 8.845
    Very long 8.9887
    Prolonged 5.78365
    The low number for shorts is calculated to allow for the fact that real life will prevent you from missing 1 chance a day to resend.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    i sent all 20 my exp out on short to start with only 2-4 returned with presents so moved them upto med search same again poor return.. on long about half returned with something and on very long about 14 returned with something so will stick to long or v-long

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    18 explorers, including 3 lucky explorers, 492 presents brought home so far. I did login between midnight and 1am on Day 1 to get an extra run in, but if want the presents 3 explorers might struggle.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Hmm.... Until now most of my explorers brought back presents on both long and very long searches. This morning they all came back with no presents at all!? That's weird...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post

I tried sending out on short first - sent 4 that all came back with no presents. And as I dont really need the products they bring home I send on longest search. At least I get some useful products then.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    The short search is terrible, Good luck to anyone who's getting any joy from that. I sent 3 luckys on 4 continuous short searches and got 0 presents. The annoying thing is that u have to find 1 present on that search to proceed with a quest. Ive sent the 3 tavern scouts on that search now instead.

Reply to Thread