Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Presents from treasure search [2015]

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    The short search is terrible, Good luck to anyone who's getting any joy from that. I sent 3 luckys on 4 continuous short searches and got 0 presents. The annoying thing is that u have to find 1 present on that search to proceed with a quest. Ive sent the 3 tavern scouts on that search now instead.
    Keep at it. I'm getting a steady 20% on the short (meaning for every 10 I do, I get 2 with presents). I do a mix of short, medium, long and very long (because my guys are optimized that way) and there is always something coming in. It's very hit and miss but the pressies are out there.
    Last edited by Xibor; 17.12.15 at 21:40.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have 12 savage 1 exp 3 luckys and 3 normal and had the 600 gift achievement on 2nd day of event. due to work I use the very long search and seem to have about 80% of them bring back some amount of presents. Also all have the 3 shorten manuscripts in and alot about 7 savage and the luckys are fully skiled though.

World
    Sandycove
    Does anyone knows the drop chance for presents on different treasure searches? I feel that the drop rate on short search is lower then the longer searches.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazony View Post
    Does anyone knows the drop chance for presents on different treasure searches? I feel that the drop rate on short search is lower then the longer searches.
    it will be lower on a very long search around 18-21 come back with 22-38 presents each on short i am lucky if 3 come back with 5 each

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    i collect the gems every 7 days and use them to get explorers , i have 3 slow ones and 4 fast ones then the 2 lucky and another one. last 3 were from events ie: Christmas, Easter and st patricks day i think. I have managed to collect all 600 presents.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    did something happen to the Present % chances in the last 3 day? seems like they were lowered ninja like huh

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    This shows up the problem with the fact that events on test are abbreviated these days. It also shows up the problem of how the raw data is interpreted.

Assuming explorer actually find at the same rate as last year. I figure the following returns for a single unskilled tavern per day.
    Short 5.375 presents
    Medium 8.832
    Long 8.845
    Very long 8.9887
    Prolonged 5.78365
    The low number for shorts is calculated to allow for the fact that real life will prevent you from missing 1 chance a day to resend.

how did you make up those random numbers ? they are all wrong simply because your % chance is guessed , and i doubt you had time to really test sending a hundred or so explorers to get a medium % base chance

and the most funniest thing of all you got this from test server where remember the link i had from halloween with all %'s which was made by test server and how you totally tried to defame the results saying they were made up by me when you obv didnt read and see the link or if you did saying all test server results are wrong? i guess that means all of these are wrong aswell and your made up results are totally wrong.

"Think we can both agree the reward is lower. Pre Dorotheus calculation i'm afraid."

keep trying to act smart you will get there one day and be convincing
    Last edited by CoffeePowered; 21.12.15 at 23:07.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeePowered View Post
    did something happen to the Present % chances in the last 3 day? seems like they were lowered ninja like huh

how did you make up those random numbers ? they are all wrong simply because your % chance is guessed , and i doubt you had time to really test sending a hundred or so explorers to get a medium % base chance

and the most funniest thing of all you got this from test server where remember the link i had from halloween with all %'s which was made by test server and how you totally tried to defame the results saying they were made up by me when you obv didnt read and see the link or if you did saying all test server results are wrong? i guess that means all of these are wrong aswell and your made up results are totally wrong.

"Think we can both agree the reward is lower. Pre Dorotheus calculation i'm afraid."

keep trying to act smart you will get there one day and be convincing
    Did you fail to notice the disclaimer. As for your first point I'm on a different server.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 21.12.15 at 23:28. Reason: fixed typo
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    there is no presents in short treasure hunt.i tried several times, because of the "searching for presents" quest. is it a feature, or a bug? merry christmas

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubberman View Post
    there is no presents in short treasure hunt.i tried several times, because of the "searching for presents" quest. is it a feature, or a bug? merry christmas
    Took a few tries for me as well, but arrived in the fourth or fifth try for that quest. Keep at it!
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Remaining two days and with the usual three explorers, all time long treasure search, I still missing 40 presents for Croacer's Treasury Achievement.

:-(

Reply to Thread