Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Presents from treasure search [2015]

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    so now i have my mail from bb with the bugged/stolen presents inside....
    i have 18 exp all sent out on prolong search before event end (2hrs).....
    i get sent 190 present which is a joke...during event that same search with that number of exp was bringing me back well over 350 presents...
    so its not just the players who now exploits the bugs its bb by stealing presents from me and i suspect many other players....

clap clap bb another great "cough" end to another great "cough" event
    By your own admission you have 18 explorers, so are you trying to imply you had a bad event because you might be a few presents short ? I honestly don't think so. Why not look at it in a positive manner you got some recompense and an apology. Those with few explorers it probably made a difference between getting something else from the merchant and not.

Thank you BB two admissions that something was wrong in the same event is pretty large.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    I also got 190 and also would have normally obtained about 300 to 4000 per day from my explorers. However, time to move on; at least BB did something to try to provide some sort of redress.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    i personally had a very good event, got everythink I wanted. sold a bunch of presents and traded a bunch for grout
    also. My exp brought back rather alot most days. the additinal 190 presents were very nice to get also. Ty BB

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    was trying to imply just a bad end (maybe my feeling robbed was to much...lol_)....if u add the explorer fiasco to the gingerbread house fiasco can you in all honesty say the end of the event was great or even good?..
    Last edited by ATHTHEMANIAC; 08.01.16 at 04:57.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Based on averages about 100 presents shy of what they would have brought back. Given presents cost BB nothing to give out, would have thought giving the max per explorer would have been appropriate to make up for the inconvenience. Most businesses give compensation greater than the loss when they have to pay for the goods. Why does BB decide something free to give should be less than the loss? Shame really. Instead of trying to buy the presents I'd need for more stuff, I just gave mine away.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really cant see the problem. How can you calculate with getting presents after the event was over ?
    I did not. I started sending explorers on shorter searches when the event was about to end so most of mine were back before.
    I cant really see how we can expect them to bring back presents after the event is over.
    Most of us were happy to receive some extra presents. I think many did not even know what to do with them as they had already spent the rest of theirs and considered the event to be over.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    was trying to imply just a bad end (maybe my feeling robbed was to much...lol_)....if u add the explorer fiasco to the gingerbread house fiasco can you in all honesty say the end of the event was great or even good?..
    those are small things and bb handled them better than expected. for me it was a great event. only really bad thing was the new price of grout.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FishmanUK View Post
    Looks like 10 * (number of explorers -1) presents given out. I got 80 from 9 explorers, would have expected >2x that if the prolonged searches had worked properly.
    i had 240 with 21

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    those are small things and bb handled them better than expected. for me it was a great event. only really bad thing was the new price of grout.
    well a few extra gingerbread houses would give you a lot more grout than a lower price would have given you (say 170 presents)

So kinda ironic how you adress the extra 100k from a bugged gingerbread house as a small issue while the extra grout you feel you missed out on- which would amount to less than 100k gold worth of grout is a big issue

World
    Newfoundland
    170? Last year the price was 60. A six with one zero. For 170 you could have bought grout from TO this event. Average present price was about 120 coins. That means if you bought grout from Event Shop once you lost 17k coins! Every 1200 grout you bought from Event Shop cost you 1 Gingerbread house extra!
    I bought 200k grout from last years event so I never have to buy any again. I was thinking of people who actually need to buy grout from events. Sorry for not making it clear.

The houses affect other players very little and the effect is positive. There are more houses on the market to buy.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 09.01.16 at 00:38.

Reply to Thread