Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Not all who play are capable of playing like the rest

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Try a forum search for combofinder.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    While there is currently a lot of discussion about the amount and distribution of the collectibles, they are not mandatory to find ElKokrach. They are not supposed to be easy to find. Ever heard of "Where's Waldo"?

There is a strange torturous joy in finding them. Fairy fire is the other way out. So you have options.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    @ ElKokrach:
    Here is a method that can help you, I use it for several months:
    I actually cut out all my trees leaving them only there, where are my cutters and foresters. Your "tree production" should be kept below zero (I have -1700atm) and forest will be planted only next to your foresters. This way you'll get much better view of the island keeping smooth production of logs. To do this, first turn off all foresters, and when wood cutters won't have anything to cut, turn some on to keep desired level of "forestation". To make it work keep all cutters/foresters of one type in one part of the island where there is plenty of wood of the selected kind (pine in s2 or s4, hardwood - s7 or s8 for example).
    I hope this will help you find 95% of the collectibles. Works for me.
    My recommendation: skip the last one, it's not worth it, it's a scarecrow anyway.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Elk, sent you a pm with a solution for you, let me know if it arrives/makes sense.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I think expecting the game to be changed for everyone because of the limitations of a minority is unrealistic.

However, if someone has a specific personal limitation which prevents them from playing the game, I see no reason why BB shouldn't make reasonable efforts to help that player out.

Contact support and ask for a supply of fairy fires for Christmas, on the basis that you require them as a result of a disability.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Giving Geologist the ability to mark them would be the best option in my book, making it a one or two hour search. It is normally easy to find collectibles in the beginning, so most can be found without any aid. In addition my Geologist at-least have a lot of downtime, though that might just because of the way I play the game. I would also like to point out that even common eye conditions such as colour blindness can effect how much effort have be expended on collectible hunts.

Reply to Thread