Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Archaic book mechanics (Need more books)

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Totally agree, this is a neverending story right now, and making it easier would be quite useful, it's so important, that I just wrote my first reply on a thread after almost 4 years of playing

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Ive had my say on this before and I said it was wrong to change the percentage drop from rbn, also the codex drop seems to be very low now as well.

The main reason BB did this was the rewards that an army of upgraded scouts can bring.

Xmas 2013 introduced the rbn adv and then after the event it was available from Bandits Nest as a follow up with a 33% chance. Some time after the lucky scouts made their appearance, the loots were drastically changed! Now it can take u ages to upgrade a scout.

Solutions could be a queue for the bookbinder (would help when using 24 & 36 hr buffs). Making them tradeable could work, new players could ask a lot for each book they made, and players like me who has 200 manu's, 70 tome , 20 codex in stock and nothing to use them on (hint,hint BB, generals? island economy?) could sell them too . Or just increase the chances from Bandits nest again.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    We need more books.
    Agreed.

Price wise, I personally find them cheap to make. (All 3 books).
    As they become more valuable in use, the costs to make them could even do with a bit of changing or just general hiking up in amount of resources.
    But something has to be done, either with a seperate book production chain to the current 3, where the different books from either chain could be used interchangably.
    Or some way to increase production. Simple answer is just another bookmaker. But i guess that's a bit boring and adds nothing to the game.
    So again - more buildings / production paths / book variations would be the most interesting thing to do.
    Or something like simultaneous production upgrade for the single bookmaker where he can make 2 books at the same time (can be different books too), or something like that.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Sure we need a way to speed up training, better buffs, quennie like in ph or more bookbinders any solution is better than this

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    We need more BOOKS. Even as a relative newbie player I see the problem with the current booksystems dooming.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I agrees also!

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Need more books

World
    Northisle
    Book production is too damn slow!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Tbh it's not specifically the amount of books it takes train explorers or the outdated queue system that annoy me the most, although both do. It's the constant tinkering with the drop mechanics. I'm finally in the last stages of skilling the explorers to artefact search and guess what by and large it's now garbage, bringing loads of fish platters, solid sandwiches and aunt irma's buffs day after day. Mostly the 'middle buffs' have dried up, the fix to sturdy shovel a while back decimated the double return on buffs from lucky explorer's for me at the same time as fixing the problem of them bringing too many event resources back. Don't think I've had a double load of presents this event either.

The whole point of investing thousands of hours skilling them up was to see nice returns and take advantage of the bonuses first promised. Not only have BB made it so much harder to get the books in any quick fashion, because RtBN is almost impossible to get now in any number, then the drops from the adventure are mainly manuscripts in my experience. It won't personally affect me (unless generals and Island get books) but for those starting the process now it's pretty ridiculous.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    so when u get more books made it needs more books to made the next one- why not like in real life when u make enough books u really makes them faster and faster- here we gone compleatly the other way- would like to know who came up with the solution for settlers- make it like in real life please- the more books u made the faster u can make em

Reply to Thread