Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Archaic book mechanics (Need more books)

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Need more books :MAFIA:

PS MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    simply we need more books and we have no other way .

World
    Sandycove
    I don't feel it should be made too easy to make books but a queue would be an awesome feature

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    tried upgrading ur bookmaker? I aint been playing as long and am way ahead of u on training!
    the whole game is a long term project, slow down, there;s no rush

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Really don't see the need 'for more books'. many of us have played long enough to remember when their were no books, all searches took the full time to complete and the returns were what they were - no extra granite etc. I now find the way my explorers are skilled is way out of what I want with the new resources they find. I am about to un-skill my 3 lucky explorers and skill them again so they do searches in the shortest possible times. However, if they had no skills I would live with that too. A lot seem to have forgotten that settlers is a slow paced game and almost want someone to play the game for them.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    i have been calculating some time frames ... so it would be like 2 months to train fully 1 scout... i require 4 manu for 1 tome and 2 tomes for 1 codex... and now imagine the geo's time.... there are new mines and much more need for trained scouts for event resources... so having more bool is kinda of a necessity... To be honest with the new gran mines have bought some more jolly geos as the mines depletes quick an search is very very long... been planning to get more scouts too as they play now a more iportant role in the game and their return is kinda getting better and better... So if u had the chance to get a lot of books from RTTBN adv am realy happy fr you but new players dont have the same chance u had in the past and we need more books....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes we need more books and we need to be able to make more than one at a time like in the proviopn house. The buffs for bookbinder is more or less useless, because you cant queue the book production. Unless you sit in front of the computer 24-7 you will not have much benefit from a buff.

A solution could be to be able to upgrade the bookbinder, and or reduce the production time and resource requirement, and be able to make more than one book at a time like in provision house

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Another explorer on the horizon, more books needed. Please give us a queue in bookbinder and if you really want to push the boat out an Improved bookbinder to run in tandem with the existing one.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    Another explorer on the horizon, more books needed. Please give us a queue in bookbinder and if you really want to push the boat out an Improved bookbinder to run in tandem with the existing one.
    I mostly agree, but I think science (by design) is supposed to be somewhat slow. Some of the skills are quite nice and I don't mind the price of time to get there.
    It would be very nice to be able to queue books, but since the costs change (up to a certain point) based on how many books you've made that could be quite difficult to implement.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Im a +1 for having a queue in the bookbinder

I had bookbinder at level 5 - I was able to make one manuscript every 12 hours - that's 2 per day - but I still needed buffs because I was often a bit late or needed to make tomes / codex
    I've upgraded to level 6 - I can make a manuscript in 10 hours - but I'm still limited to 2 per day unless I start getting up in the middle of the night - the plus side is I don't need buffs any more ...

Reply to Thread