Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Archaic book mechanics (Need more books)

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I recently de-skilled my slow Geos and have no intention of re-skilling them even though I use them every day. Some people seem to think that having all explorers and geos fully skilled is a must have. I have come to realise that the opposite is more correct (for me) as it means I now have a range of options available to me, this in turn makes the game more enjoyable and compliments my playing style.

World
    Sandycove
    More books, would, should have a queue.
    We lose out on our buffs at the moment so a queue would be very nice.
    To do the vocational Quest, I got myself another Jolly and am trying to ungrade that to fulfill
    this quest, but it is so expensive then there will be an explorer to do I might end up doing the explorer he only
    has to have 6 compared to the geologist's 11.
    I've already messed up a jolly used the points up and he only has 8 codex. I even did a reset refund, bad mistake wont do that again.
    Would really like another bookmaker. No doubt this message is in the wrong place, but I feel better just asking for more books
    Was grateful for the choice of books in the football Calendar.
    sandygk

I tried a refund, reset on one geo, big mistake, wont do that again.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why cant books be queued like all other items in the so you can put a build queue for your books its hard to make enough books why cant they be queued to help us make them more efficiently

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkys View Post
    Why cant books be queued like all other items in the so you can put a build queue for your books its hard to make enough books why cant they be queued to help us make them more efficiently
    you can actually do this via the rare prov house if you learn the recipes from the new excelsior

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Agree with hades 8840

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    The problem with having a recipe to use in RPH is that it ties up the RPH which is also needed for buff production like steaks and feasts etc. Surely the best solution would have been making the excelsior give upgrades for the Library so it works faster or can queue production

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by procell View Post
    The problem with having a recipe to use in RPH is that it ties up the RPH which is also needed for buff production like steaks and feasts etc. Surely the best solution would have been making the excelsior give upgrades for the Library so it works faster or can queue production
    Isn't the point it gives you a choice? Its your game play, prioritize This to me is the best solution.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by procell View Post
    That would prevent you from making more than one book at a time which is what the current system allows.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I 100% agree with adding a queue to Bookbinder;

- A simple one will be A-ok (any of the 3 in whatever order you decide) although a cool suggestion I read here was parallel, separate lines of production for Manuscripts, Tomes and Codexes.
    - With a queue the buffs would not be useless to players who have a life outside the game and can't be online 24/7/~30/365
    - Also, a way to not over-simplify it is to limit the queue to 3 - with the time it takes to produce each one I think it's pretty fair.

Adding another Bookbinder would be nice, but I think improving production in the existing one is more important, so please listen to these suggestions

Reply to Thread