Reply to Thread

Thread: TSO english vocabulary

World
    Newfoundland

Talking TSO english vocabulary

To Those who may feel Concerned
    Lovely to encounter each particular 'Quest', but [aber] ... about 'acquire'. What could be expected from my poor settler account [and from the person behind the wheel] ? Few seconds later, I have to conclude. The quest is bound to the action 'Produce' and detached from any other action out of 23 possibilities or the most obvious action 'buy'.
    Of course the road from point A to point B does not have to be the shortest one [ if possible never choose that dull short road ] it is a game after all.
    But being very strict on the use of any letter-symbol by a player, please [respectfull] can one use the most adequate expression for any communication within the commands of this marvellous game ? More value, easy win.
    Sorry english is not my native language, and today I am short of time, but this post only holds a positive view.
    [ You do not have permission to create tags. You may only use existing tags ] Great.
    Sincerely, Bo.

Update, with the help of a friend.

info update = that particular quest, [wheat] what actions did I have to do ? First the count-score bar did not progress at all, although I did produce plenty, but in red [cfr economy overview] - riddle !! first action = I did halt-stop all production units using this commodity, result the progress-bar changed color step by step, finally a generous act = added fishplates on each prod unit. Best result ever. So said.

Added definition update= Acquire, equal to create, own, possess, + increase the real-time stored units by the number mentioned in the quest.
    [ it can help to stop total/partial production in the production chain, in the layer just above the layer defined by the rescource ]

note= additional elements always welcome !!
    Last edited by B_Golani_7777; 04.01.16 at 15:09. Reason: update

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    There are many directions in-game that are unclear even to native English speakers, the "Acquire" quests are one of them. (It's not just you ) It means you must get the items after you get the quest, through trade or by making them yourself. Things you already own will not be counted.

"Produce" meaning 'to create', and "Own", meaning 'to possess already' or 'to build or create' or 'acquire through trade' are different. Not certain there's a better way to phrase it, though it has confused many a player over time.

Hope I haven't missed the point completely.

Quote Originally Posted by B_Golani_7777 View Post
    [ You do not have permission to create tags. You may only use existing tags ] Great.
    For reasons unknown to players the option to create new tags was removed about a year ago, at the same time the option to create Forum Polls was removed, also for reasons unknown.

World
    Newfoundland
    Most obliged, dear Veteran Communicating Settler.

Reply to Thread