Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: can't load plugin

World
    Northisle
    Slim client or browser can't be used if the account is created in Steam.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    Slim client or browser can't be used if the account is created in Steam.
    Correct

World
    Newfoundland
    Aaah ok, sorry, missed that part.

World
    Northisle

Angry

I'm having this exact same issue too.
    There is a thread on steam community with a suggestion for a fix but I can't get that to work as I can't find pepflashplayer.dll

Things I've tried amid copious swearing and numerous reboots:

Install adobe flash.
    Verify game integrity from steam.
    Delete and reinstall from steam.
    The game worked fine yesterday. Only windows 7 update was definition update for windows defender.

The useless error screen doesn't even let me switch which flash plugin I'm using.

Note the three missing icons in the vertical right border menu.

The stuff I'm using to get in to post this (from steam community):
    7. I have a Chrome/Flash player plugin error message at launch. What can I do?
    You can fix the issue “the hard” way by following the steps:
    1.) Make sure the game is not running
    2.) Go into the “The Settlers Online” game folder.
    3.) Create a folder “plugins”.
    4.) Copy the file “pepflashplayer.dll” from your Google Chrome into this new folder.
    5.) Edit the file “package.json” in your “The Settlers Online” game folder and change the path to the plugin to: 'plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll'
    6.) If there is no path: please add the following to the list of “chromium-args”: --ppapi-flash-path='plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll' --ppapi-flash-version=18.0.0.233
    7.) The Flash Version number (18.0.0.233) depends on which Flash version you have installed along with Google Chrome.
    Please let lordloocan know I can't log in (or do gq).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well I got the slimbrowser to work, after much fiddling.
    I am amazed that BB cannot get the coding for this simple app to work.
    I uninstalled the slimbrowser, reinstalled BOTH adobe Flash Player and the Chrome plugin.
    Mistake #1. Even although the Slimbrowser has the option of using, the Chrome plugin, or Adobe Flash Player, Do NOT try the full Adobe Flash. Both Chrome and Slimbrowser us Pepper Flash.

In case of an error message from Chrome/Flash Player plugin right after starting the application, you can manually fix the issue with the following steps:

1. Exit the application / make sure the game is not running

2. Go to game folder of 'Settlers Online' (normally C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\Settlers Online)
    if you cannot see AppData folder you will have to go into the folder properties and show all hidden files and folders

3. Create a sub-folder called "plugins"

4. Copy the file "pepflashplayer.dll" from your Google Chrome into this new folder
    my copy of pepflashplayer.dll was in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\47.0.2526.106
    ( Can also highlight C drive, and do a search for pepflash, then copy the search result, and paste the dll in your plugin folder)

5. Edit the file "package.json" in your 'Settler Online' game folder and change the path to the plugin to: "plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll"
    right click file > open with and select your best text editor. (wordpad if you have none other but I suggest downloading Notepad++ its very good)
    Opening with notepad forces all the text onto 1 line and is a nightmare to understand.
    Do the same with package.json.default

6. If there is no path: Please add the following to the list of "chromium-args": --ppapi-flash-path='plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll' --ppapi-flash-version=23.0.0.207

Remember your PEPPERFLASH will probably have a different version number.

You can find the location and version of it by looking in Chrome://plugins and then click the button top right + Details

-------------------

This is the CORRECT tags with CORRECT syntax.

In case of an error message from Chrome/Flash Player plugin right after starting the application, you can manually fix the issue with the following steps:

1. Exit the application / make sure the game is not running

2. Go to game folder of 'Settlers Online' (normally C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\Settlers Online)
    if you cannot see AppData folder you will have to go into the folder properties and show all hidden files and folders

3. Create a sub-folder called "plugins"

4. Copy the file "pepflashplayer.dll" from your Google Chrome into this new folder
    my copy of pepflashplayer.dll was in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\47.0.2526.106

5. Edit the file "package.json" in your 'Settlers Online' game folder and change the path to the plugin to: "plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll"
    right click file > open with and select your best text editor. (wordpad if you have none other I strongly suggest Notepad++)
    Opening with notepad forces all the text onto 1 line and is a nightmare to understand.

6. If there is no path: Please add the following to the list of "chromium-args": --ppapi-flash-path='plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll' --ppapi-flash-version=23.0.0.207

Remember your PEPPERFLASH will probably have a different version number.

You can find the location and version of it by looking in Chrome://plugins and then click the button top right + Details

-------------------

This is the CORRECT tags with CORRECT syntax.

},
    "chromium-args": "--in-process-gpu --ignore-certificate-errors --ignore-gpu-blacklist --enable-webgl --disable-transparency --disable-device-orientation --always-authorize-plugins --ppapi_placeholder --ppapi-flash-path='plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll' --ppapi-flash-version=23.0.0.207",
    "buildDate": "2016-01-08 11:46:00"
    }

Save files.

Hope this helps.

[Information gathered from various sources, Anno forum, and Ubisoft Support.]

NOTE: the syntax given on the Ubisoft Help page is wrong!
    "chromium-args": --ppapi-flash-path="plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll' --ppapi-flash-version=18.0.0.209 Drop the double quotation before plugins (") and replace with a single thingy ( ').
    Last edited by CenturionSA; 17.11.16 at 16:22.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Super stuck on this and I've tried everything that I can think of, and as suggested. Really not worth it and I'm really dissappointed in the developers for letting such an irritating issue continue, whereby their only suggestion is to change coding!!!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nods!
    The coders should have fixed this a long long time ago.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Will try this.
    Sadly many will not be able to get into this coding stuff!

Mikkel_V
    I have also had a lot of problems getting logged in

I can not access my account - I play through Steam

I have made this account so that I can reply to this thread

I have done the steps surgestet by BB_Saqui at 15.09.16 16:17 Post#14

So hopfully my "real" account has not been deleted.

I play i RanR Mikkel Vendelboe

Pls fix this

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle

Login problems form steam

Have a guildie that was last on about 1 month ago ( he plays on Steam ) - then he said, he had been trying for several day before he got on - since then no word.

Just read on US-server that some players has not been able to log on from Steam since 9. November.

Anyone here who has been missing guildies for about a month ?

Merged
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 15.12.16 at 11:18.

Reply to Thread