Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: can't load plugin

World
    Northisle
    You should contact support.

These are quotes from the Steam FAQ:

2. Help, I get this error: “Couldn’t load plug-in”!
    If you get this error, the game was unable to run your Google Chrome Flash plugin. Just open the options menu (on the right side of the The Settlers Online start menu) and change the plugin setting to “Adobe Flash Player plugin”.

7. I have a Chrome/Flash player plugin error message at launch. What can I do?
    You can fix the issue “the hard” way by following the steps:
    1.) Make sure the game is not running
    2.) Go into the “The Settlers Online” game folder.
    3.) Create a folder “plugins”.
    4.) Copy the file “pepflashplayer.dll” from your Google Chrome into this new folder.
    5.) Edit the file “package.json” in your “The Settlers Online” game folder and change the path to the plugin to: 'plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll'
    6.) If there is no path: please add the following to the list of “chromium-args”: --ppapi-flash-path='plugins\\pepflashplayer.dll' --ppapi-flash-version=18.0.0.233
    7.) The Flash Version number (18.0.0.233) depends on which Flash version you have installed along with Google Chrome.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    first time this has happened to me, can not load plug in problem, I use Opera.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can anyone affected by this please give me their Flash version number, and make sure that they've tried to clear their Cache.

Anyone on Chrome having this issue please use the following solution and report back if it fixed it or not:

Head to this support page here, and follow the "Change plugin settings" instructions. In the plugin options,click on the "Manage individual plugins..." link in blue. Here you should be able to see Adobe Flash Player, and you want to check the box that says "Always allowed to run".

Keep me updated as to whether this solves anything - thanks!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Angry steam and flashplayer failure

I'm writing this on behalf of my Dad who uses steam but can't log-in because of a recent flash update causing a failure. Is this a steam or BB issue? After 4 days of trying the "hard way" (as suggested on steam), he is becoming increasingly frustrated, as if not sorted soon, he won't be able to spend the pumpkins he still has from the Halloween event. Please sort this asap

World
    Northisle
    Try to uninstall all flash players from the application manager and then install both PPAPI and NPAPI versions from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/. PPAPI should be enough but you need NPAPI for Firefox.
    Last edited by Durin_d; 13.11.16 at 08:27.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you for your suggestion Durin_d which I tried but it didn't work for me. I'm no PC programmer, but understand enough luckily (I feel sorry for folk who know very little), I so finally got the "hard way" to work, although now it seems I have to edit the JSON package everytime I want to log-in, which is becoming annoying now also. Still, at least I now know how to log-in to keep my island running, and I got to spend my pumpkins before the time expired.

World
    Newfoundland
    Or you could simply DL and install the TSO slim version which I'm using now and it works w/o probs.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I don't want to delete my account and start again, I have spent over 2000 hours on this game, and a fair bit of cash buying gems during happy hours also
    PLEASE BB fix this issue, it has been going on for over ayear now (to various players / investors), it is very annoying having to do YOUR programming everytime I want to log-in

World
    Newfoundland
    you don't have to delete your acc when getting the slim TSO version

Reply to Thread