Reply to Thread

Thread: Mini Baby Pandas --- ahhh :)

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

Mini Baby Pandas --- ahhh :)

( not mini baby bells )

This is a question really ; does the explorer skill `sophisticated pillager` work on ali baba adventures and if it does does it give extra experience ?

The effect would be like having an extra mini panda each time which would be an excellent boost for leveling !

I'm asking because it will cost me 18k gems (ouch) to swap around the skill trees of my explorers so want to be sure for such a heavy investment.

World
    Sandycove
    AFAIK that skill does not work with fairy adventures so it will not work with 1001 Arabian nights. Also the mini quests are only loot drop.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    That's not how Sophisticated Pillager works. Your explorer with that skill will occasionally generate additional side quests for a random specific adventure (not Fairy Tales or Ali Baba adventures). If you do the named adventure, you get some bonus loot and sometimes a small amount of bonus XP. Basically it's exactly like getting a Daily Quest to 'Complete Adventure <x>', except that the quest stays in your journal until you complete it and you can never get a duplicate adventure bonus quest (i.e. you will never get a bonus quest for an adventure you already have an outstanding bonus quest for).

Here's what it looks like in my quest journal.

As you can see, it's not worthless but you aren't going to get a significant levelling boost from it. As Amazony points out the Panda, Wedding, Coin, etc quests are loot drops from Fairytales, not findable quests.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by IainC View Post

As you can see, it's not worthless but you aren't going to get a significant levelling boost from it. As Amazony points out the Panda, Wedding, Coin, etc quests are loot drops from Fairytales, not findable quests.
    Agreed - will not propel you anywhere fast. But the way I look at it is if you are thinking about (or willing to do) that adventure anyway, it's not a bad little extra.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    As far as I can tell, Skill Bonus does not 'yet' appear for any VLT or YW found... (or for any co-op (siege/tomb/buccy etc)... not that they would be worth doing even with bonus)

Hopefully BB will add bonus quests for those adventures some day as the explorer skill is not hugely worth getting without full coverage of all adventures.
    "Your general was a tortoise!" ... "He will now amble back to his garrison as slow as his short reptilian legs will manage"

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks for your help guys. So it looks like Sophisticated pillagerdoesn't work with ali baba ( same as FT`s ) and so no extra experience like with SE and a few others. My main reason for wanting to change my explorer skill trees was that levelling for level 57+ is going to be largely ali baba adventures and the price of them in trade office is a bit crazy. Its possible to do 1-2 per day with a buffed elite barracks ( which is fantastic exp ) but at current prices it means my barracks would be idling quite a bit so I need to find the adventures myself. ( gonna miss all those lovely rainbows... )

So ... I'm still gonna have to spend that 18k gems but instead of putting a codex in the final pillager box I will place an extra book in the loot or speed sections instead so that I get some use out of it.

As for cute mini baby pandas ..... they have lost their mummy !

Reply to Thread