Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event Calendar Reward

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by AstaBridget View Post
    They should learn how to evpress themselves. I didnĀ“t bother too much with this fiasco until I saw their message:

"May I keep the rewards?
    Yes!

May I trade the items?
    Yes!"

Those exclamation marks are like a slap in the face of all the players who did not get those large advantages.
    I knew there would be a chance of this happening again this year and stayed away from multiple clicking the box specifically because people got in trouble last time, I don't feel I've really missed out on much BB were very generous with the free stuff from the event and overall I don't think there wasn't much to moan about. It may seem like a large advantage but really over the course of playing settlers for a long time it's not.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Come on folks, we all did well out of the event - or should have at least. Ok, some did better than others at the end by collecting the gift from the golden door several times. I didn't but have no ill-will to those who did, maybe next time there is a glitch it will be me who benefits, maybe it won't, such is life.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Come on folks, we all did well out of the event - or should have at least. Ok, some did better than others at the end by collecting the gift from the golden door several times. I didn't but have no ill-will to those who did, maybe next time there is a glitch it will be me who benefits, maybe it won't, such is life.
    I reached that point myself lordloocan. Time to move on.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Whilst I understand the view of those that suggest we just move on etc my view remains somewhat different and I am sure will be a view that I am not alone in.

As a player who has bought lots of gems in what many consider a free to play game I opened many Christmas boxes using real money invested in the game. As is often the case this was done with a view to gain something that wouldn't have been available by other legitimate means - especially as at the time I wasn't aware the Ginger Bread House would be tradeable. I stopped using my purchased gems as soon as I had a Ginger Bread House and I was happy that I would be one of a small community of players with more than one.

Now instead there has been an influx of additional, non funded Ginger Bread Houses into the game and I no longer feel that my financial investment has benefited me. In fact I feel that a visitor to my island will assume that either I abused the exploit bug directly or bought an extra one from someone else who exploited the bug.

This leaves me feeling highly resentful to BB; firstly for being inconsistent in their approach, secondly being strongly of the view that BB cares less about quality control and customer experience than at any other time in the history of the game and lastly that it is condoned by BB to exploit any future mess they create.

As such, whilst I may move on it will still leave a very bitter taste in my mouth and in fact may put me in a position where I choose to exploit a future lack of quality code management and put myself in a position whereby as per the rules I get banned for an activity I believed BB condoned.

World
    Newfoundland
    +1 fishslice

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post

As such, whilst I may move on it will still leave a very bitter taste in my mouth and in fact may put me in a position where I choose to exploit a future lack of quality code management and put myself in a position whereby as per the rules I get banned for an activity I believed BB condoned.
    Having double standards for same issue/bug/exploits because the resolution seems like too problematic or expensive to do does invite future use/abuse of BB introduced bugs/exploits seeing you are better off exploitng and face the correction afterwards than not as correction might not happen and if it happens it is usually removal of duplicate items etc and bans only happen in extreme cases

So yes- if you want t your players to cross the lines and abuse possible issues- this is a surefire way to have it happen

and the sad thing is, this was such an avoidable issue if lessons were learned from previous events

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Whilst I understand the view of those that suggest we just move on etc my view remains somewhat different and I am sure will be a view that I am not alone in.

As a player who has bought lots of gems in what many consider a free to play game I opened many Christmas boxes using real money invested in the game. As is often the case this was done with a view to gain something that wouldn't have been available by other legitimate means - especially as at the time I wasn't aware the Ginger Bread House would be tradeable. I stopped using my purchased gems as soon as I had a Ginger Bread House and I was happy that I would be one of a small community of players with more than one.

Now instead there has been an influx of additional, non funded Ginger Bread Houses into the game and I no longer feel that my financial investment has benefited me. In fact I feel that a visitor to my island will assume that either I abused the exploit bug directly or bought an extra one from someone else who exploited the bug.

This leaves me feeling highly resentful to BB; firstly for being inconsistent in their approach, secondly being strongly of the view that BB cares less about quality control and customer experience than at any other time in the history of the game and lastly that it is condoned by BB to exploit any future mess they create.

+1 Fishslice.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    +1 Still think BB should of gave an extra Gingerhouse to anyone who didn't exploit the bug. I'm sure this would of been welcomed by everyone.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

+1 fishslice

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

I totally agree ++1

Reply to Thread