Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event Calendar Reward

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Whilst I understand the view of those that suggest we just move on etc my view remains somewhat different and I am sure will be a view that I am not alone in.

As a player who has bought lots of gems in what many consider a free to play game I opened many Christmas boxes using real money invested in the game. As is often the case this was done with a view to gain something that wouldn't have been available by other legitimate means - especially as at the time I wasn't aware the Ginger Bread House would be tradeable. I stopped using my purchased gems as soon as I had a Ginger Bread House and I was happy that I would be one of a small community of players with more than one.

Now instead there has been an influx of additional, non funded Ginger Bread Houses into the game and I no longer feel that my financial investment has benefited me. In fact I feel that a visitor to my island will assume that either I abused the exploit bug directly or bought an extra one from someone else who exploited the bug.

This leaves me feeling highly resentful to BB; firstly for being inconsistent in their approach, secondly being strongly of the view that BB cares less about quality control and customer experience than at any other time in the history of the game and lastly that it is condoned by BB to exploit any future mess they create.

As such, whilst I may move on it will still leave a very bitter taste in my mouth and in fact may put me in a position where I choose to exploit a future lack of quality code management and put myself in a position whereby as per the rules I get banned for an activity I believed BB condoned.
    +1

Yup, I also paid for (real money) Christmas boxes in the hope of getting an extra gingerbread house, and failed to do so ...these guys got numerous amounts for free.

Where's the justice in that?

I propose that BB get their act together and 'gift' us the same amount of gingerbread houses as the player(s) who exploited the most.

This is your mess Blue Byte, not ours.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    +1

Yup, I also paid for (real money) Christmas boxes in the hope of getting an extra gingerbread house, and failed to do so ...these guys got numerous amounts for free.

Where's the justice in that?

I propose that BB get their act together and 'gift' us the same amount of gingerbread houses as the player(s) who exploited the most.

This is your mess Blue Byte, not ours.
    EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WHO SHARES THE PREVIOUS VIEW I GUARANTEE YOU HE/SHE IS THINKING THIS:

As such, whilst I may move on it will still leave a very bitter taste in my mouth and in fact may put me in a position where I choose to exploit a future lack of quality code management and put myself in a position whereby as per the rules I get banned for an activity I believed BB condoned.

BB should seriously reconsider and A. Punish the players who claimed more than 2 gifts and make an example of them for future bugs or B. they should make it clear by putting in in the"terms and conditions" that in the future such behavior of exploitation of bug will be punished with a permanent ban AND ENFORCE IT.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Driller7 View Post
    EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WHO SHARES THE PREVIOUS VIEW I GUARANTEE YOU HE/SHE IS THINKING THIS:

BB should seriously reconsider and A. Punish the players who claimed more than 2 gifts and make an example of them for future bugs or B. they should make it clear by putting in in the"terms and conditions" that in the future such behavior of exploitation of bug will be punished with a permanent ban AND ENFORCE IT.
    That was my view the first two times this happened, and it left a nasty taste when "cheats prospered" on both occasions (three if you count the parrot exploit as well).
    So, having discovered the bug and reported it, and left the "ill gotten gains" in star menu in case they were recalled, I'm surprisingly not feeling guilty, and having also wasted money on the mystery boxes may have something to do with this.
    This time round I don't feel disadvantaged for "doing the right thing".
    As long as the Devs keep making the same mistakes I'd say "fill your boots". We've reported these exploits ad nauseam and still they come back, and if they won't replace items lost through bugs, how on earth can they morally object when it goes in our favour?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Driller7 View Post

Sorry but if you look carefully BB are applying exactly the same criteria as they did for the ISH fiasco, if they were to change that just because some players demand different then we would would never know where we stand if this was to happen again.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dorotheus I have looked carefully and have to disagree that BB are applying the same criteria (or standards) that they did for the Improved Store House fiasco. Would you please explain how you reach that conclusion given the position that BB made very clear as per the link below.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post262763

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    They may have investigated the number of extra items generated and found that very few players were mass exploiting the issues compared to the previous year and so decided it not worth the time to try and sort it.

I am another one of the players who spent a lot of gems on surprise packages and it still feels like I have been cheated a bit, my reward for funding the game is loads of Raving rabbit statues and pavilions, whilst the cheaters get a few extra free gingerbread houses and special gold mines.

A partial refund of gems spent on the surprise packages would be nice :P

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Dorotheus I have looked carefully and have to disagree that BB are applying the same criteria (or standards) that they did for the Improved Store House fiasco. Would you please explain how you reach that conclusion given the position that BB made very clear as per the link below.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post262763
    Based on what's been posted in this thread and elsewhere the maximum obtainable was 3, with the ISH fiasco BB only took action against those who obtained 4 or more.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Based on what's been posted in this thread and elsewhere the maximum obtainable was 3, with the ISH fiasco BB only took action against those who obtained 4 or more.
    You could look at this from a value perspective, one GBH and SGM is worth somewhere between 3 and 4 storehouses, so anyone who got 1 extra GBH / SGM package no problem, anyone who got more than 1 extra package BB should seek recompense.
    Last edited by Bluesavanah; 09.01.16 at 12:08.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Actually I have heard people that have 5+ of them actually .... So no the max was not 3

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    Actually I have heard people that have 5+ of them actually .... So no the max was not 3
    I know of one person who got seven Frozen Gift Boxes from the calendar and others who got more than three.

And no... none of those refer to myself. I got two personally. I was having ISP connection issues that day and clicked it a second time, as much to check it wasn't a graphical bug as anything. After getting disconnected for a second time that day, I could probably have gotten a third, as the gift box was lit up again in my calendar, but refrained from doing so.

However, I would like to point out something to Blue Byte, in particular. The daily boxes that required all previous boxes to have been opened seemed to work perfectly, both from what I saw personally and the experiences of other players I know that missed some boxes through the event. Perhaps we could ditch the extra gift box altogether and use the final daily box to give the big reward using code that seems to be working perfectly well. Would anyone really mind losing one daily box with meat/fish/coal/whatever to make room for this? (I doubt it!)

P.S.
    In order to ease the issue of players feeling cheated, perhaps BB should also consider sending a free Gingerbread House to anyone who spent gems on the Christmas Surprise Package? (Again.. does not apply to me!)
    Last edited by Madorosu; 09.01.16 at 16:06. Reason: P.S.

Reply to Thread