Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Christmas Event Calendar Reward

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by tassiejimbo View Post
    OMG all you people talking multiple ginger bread houses well i didnt even get 1 now im having to put tickets to BB to try and get the 1 i deserve for doing all the calander do i think i will get one the answer is i dont know but i bet i dont and if this is the case i find it totally unfair
    All Settlers who opened all the Event Calendar doors but did not claim their final reward will automatically receive it on January 19th. The reward will be sent with the event resource conversion, during the maintenance.
    forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/32227-FAQ-Christmas-Event-2015

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Fact, when it was Imp stores BB gave players the benefit of the doubt if they gained less than 4. This time they are just giving us the benefit of the doubt across the boards. Some are accusing them of double standards over this, or could it mean that BB know that nobody gained 4 or more this time, which means they are applying exactly the same standards as before.

As the GBH was also available during event and not just on the last day then unless somebody stands up and admits that they did in fact obtain more than 2 from the door the accusations that players have exploited it in such a manner are nothing more than unfounded speculation with out any evidence to back it up.

The people pointing fingers here are not even capable of doing that properly as the GBH was not the only building from the door, yet nothing has been said about players obtaining multiple AIM's.

All I see here is a poor excuse to knock BB done badly. If your going to knock them then at least do it from the point of having all the fact right before posting. Shouting loudly enough about something does not make it right, it just shows your the biggest noise in the room.
    Thumbs up.

I got one - and have not even read about any guildie that got more than one.
    We all need more pop, so I see it as a good thing, that more pop buildings are available in-game, and it must have lowered the price that more are for sale.
    (Just guessing here.)
    Impossible to compare the 2 situations, so stop doing that. ;-)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    just going by trade its easy to see a few people claim the final gift more then 5 times...
    If you didnt know ppl can get gingerhouse from gem box or they could bought it cheaper and sell on higher price. I dont know if anyone had more then 5 or even more then 2 gingerhouse. Well BB said that there was multiply thing but i think if that happen so it would be just few times.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    For the sceptics amongst you ... it was possible to get another mystery box by accident ... I did. The contents then sat in my star menu waiting for BB to come to a decision on the basis that they're not mine until BB say they are. They're still there.

From my own experience I'm not sure how people could get more than 2 or possibly 3 this way as I kept checking the button out of interest and it remained grey right up until BB removed it.

Also the houses and mines were being sold almost immediately they were available .... before the bug kicked in.

I've no doubt that people have exploited the bug ... some people will always do so ... but please don't make sweeping statements that assume we're all cheats if we got more than one box.

World
    Newfoundland
    I read the announcement and could not believe what I saw.

1. admitting a mistake
    2. apologizing for it
    3. not punishing players for developers mistake

Those 3 things are pretty much unheard of in the world of The Settlers Online!

Keep this up for a few years and you might get back some of the respect you have so carelessly thrown away in the past.

Oh and dont forget to fire your QA team and make sure they never work in the industry again..
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    For those saying BB doesn't make money on this one ... well will mean less people will need Nobles. So it does impact their sales somewhat. I have already heard of people claiming the extra 5+ times. That's a whopping 500K right there. Now you might not think that's much ... I could certainly still use that tyvm. So yeah I'd like to see a recall.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm sure BB will learn from this, I just hope it doesn't result in lower rewards next year in the calender.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I'm sure BB will learn from this, I just hope it doesn't result in lower rewards next year in the calender.
    They should learn how to evpress themselves. I didnĀ“t bother too much with this fiasco until I saw their message:

"May I keep the rewards?
    Yes!

May I trade the items?
    Yes!"

Those exclamation marks are like a slap in the face of all the players who did not get those large advantages.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by mgc49 View Post
    For the sceptics amongst you ... it was possible to get another mystery box by accident ... I did. The contents then sat in my star menu waiting for BB to come to a decision on the basis that they're not mine until BB say they are. They're still there.

From my own experience I'm not sure how people could get more than 2 or possibly 3 this way as I kept checking the button out of interest and it remained grey right up until BB removed it.

Also the houses and mines were being sold almost immediately they were available .... before the bug kicked in.

I've no doubt that people have exploited the bug ... some people will always do so ... but please don't make sweeping statements that assume we're all cheats if we got more than one box.
    That was my experience too. Discovered it by an innocent mistake then curiosity took over, so tested to see how far it went before mailing BB with the findings (obviously wasn't going to post that in open forum), and left the items in Star to await a response.
    The result was consistent over 5 servers, the bug was self-limiting and switched off after the 2nd duplicate, so I can't see anybody getting more than 3 from it other than via a different means ie: the mystery box. However, 1 freak result on Northisle shows another bug in play, the first attempt gave out 2 goldmines not 1, so I cede that it may have been possible to obtain more than 3 if the two bugs combined.
    With this consistency in results though, how this was missed before going live, especially considering it's happened twice before, pretty obvious there's no quality control at all and with tsotesting playing ostriches all the time, it wasn't up to us to find it.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    I read the announcement and could not believe what I saw.

1. admitting a mistake
    2. apologizing for it
    3. not punishing players for developers mistake
    This! I've only recently started posting in this forum but have been reading for almost a year. As far as I recall this has been one of the most sougt after responses to this kind of mistake. Now we actually get it and people still complain. Impossible to please everyone.

Reply to Thread