View Poll Results: Event Resources or Guild Coins?

Voters
2567. You may not vote on this poll
  • Event Resources

1,503 58.55%
  • Guild Coins

448 17.45%
  • I am fine with both options

616 24.00%
Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Quest Rewards: Guild Coins vs Event Resources during events

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Totally agree with everything said about why have a vote if it was irrelevant anyway. Intriguing is that only 2567 players voted. if this is from all the servers there is either a very small customer base here or the 'don't careless' players won by a mile.
    It's already been mentioned that responses were very high (18k+ if I remember correctly) on the German servers, so the 2567 is not a complete picture. I have no idea how many players are on these servers - so yes, the number seems low but many players don't choose to participate (and/or don't read the news page and/or don't read the forums). So they don't get a voice.

As far as the poll being 'irrelevant', I can think of a couple possibilities:

1) They had the code ready for changing to event resources for some time, but were not going to implement it unless the vote went that way.
    2) They had already planned this for Easter, but the poll was for all events going forward - not just this one.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    i vote for event ressources

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    event resources please

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I vote for Guilcoins

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsitos4 View Post
    I vote for Guilcoins
    The horse has bolted already :P

event resources it will be for the next event

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    For the curious, worldwide results for the poll were overwhelmingly for event resources, here are a few totals from other language versions:

In some cases, like here in European English, confusion over "both" rather than "either"/"one or the other" did likely skew the results some and in a number of threads the longer posts detailing reasons for specific votes leaned more toward keeping guild coins but as a very broad overview of public opinion Event Resources clearly won the day.

Now to see how it all plays out over Easter.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 19.01.16 at 20:02. Reason: tweak

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, I am reviving an old thread but honestly BB, you put this poll forward for events and now you seem to have forgotten it completely on the Summer Event. Is there any reason why? You changed the spawn of GQs to 13:00 BST which means it was after the event started so is there a reason why we are getting coins instead of resources? Just a question.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    "Would you like to receive Guild Coins or Event Resources as a reward for completing guild quests during special events like the Easter Event 2016?"

This seems unambiguous - referring to multiple events, not just the Easter one. I have raised this with BB and it has been implied that the decision to reward event items was in fact only for the Easter event. I'm disappointed that this was not communicated more clearly.
    HOTFIX!

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm with you on this one, Jim_B

Why ask the players what they would prefer and then go against it?
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    I'm with you on this one, Jim_B

Why ask the players what they would prefer and then go against it?
    I think, because it is not going against what they said. They never mentioned, that all events will get guild quests with event resources as rewards. They never said, that the summer event will get guild quests. What they did ask is the following: "Would you like to receive Guild Coins or Event Resources as a reward for completing guild quests during special events like the Easter Event 2016?" Such a questions does guarantee the oportunity to include guild quests into every special event, but it doesn't mean it every special event will actualy get those guild quests.

The decision to reward evenr resources was in fact only for the Easter event, while the opportunity to do the same in other events iss till there, because they did ask for it.

Reply to Thread