View Poll Results: Event Resources or Guild Coins?

Voters
2567. You may not vote on this poll
  • Event Resources

1,503 58.55%
  • Guild Coins

448 17.45%
  • I am fine with both options

616 24.00%
Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Quest Rewards: Guild Coins vs Event Resources during events

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    How about adding an option to the Event Window where you can select either Guild Coins or the relevant event currency? This would be quite easy to do

Personal preference would be for Event currency. For those of you stating this would be a disadvantage due to Guild sizes \ not in a Guild.... well, Guild Coins and their quests are already a disadvantage to you so really it's no different

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    This would work well when guild members are able to do their guild quests in a timely manner. It may lead to frustration within guilds if people are unable to log in for several days and unable to complete their quest.

Hope this is useful?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I would prefere BOTH.

World
    Northisle
    event resources

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I would prefer eggs or presents. It encourages spending on buildings or special event items.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    event resources please

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think it may be a good idea if we had the choice at the time of completion of a guild quest during an event either: event loot or guild coins.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    it all depends how it is implemented really- if rewards scale like guildcoin then all of a sudden being in a big guild or any guild at all becomes a distinct advantage and/or necessity to be able to participate on even footing in events- That seems to give far too much importance to guild/size of guild.

I don' t know if that is really the way the game should develop at this time, it could spell the end to the smaller cozy guilds very fast and push everyone into guilds

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    my advise/opinion:
    - first get the new guildquest-system fully understandable and operational before doing any changes that relate to this (as impact is currently unknown/uncertain)
    - depending on the experiences on that part, one may start thinking on such things as differentiating rewards during events

In the current guildquest-setup, I would strongly recommend against putting event resources as rewards, for several reasons:
    - not every player is in a guild, so those not in a guild would have a disadvantage compared to those in a guild
    - not every guild manages to do their guildquests, due to whatever reasons. those guild would also have a disadvantage compared to those guilds that do.
    - there are always inactive guildmembers (or those that don't do their guildquest). will they get the event resources as well, for doing nothing? (besides being in a guild and hindering the completion of the guildquests...)

Furthermore, I think that by putting event resources as reward instead of guildcoins, BlueByte would directly interfere with the free-market system for pricing on the Trade Office.

So, I am missing the option "postpone decision till later date, when the new guildquest-system has already proven to be an improvement"

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    This is a perfect example of why polls fail. Its asking a one sided question, while refusing/failing to point out the other side. In this case presenting a positive choice (Do you want an extra way to gain resoures), while failing to point out it has also drawbacks.

The drawbacks:
    * When it gets easier to get resources, you can wait for the prices to be increased too. It wont get easier to get the event-items. The opposite might be true, you'de have to do guildquests to get the achievements and needed resources for yout desired items. Harder instead of easier.

* the most active players are swimming in resources, they can easily just ignore the guildquests and be fine anyway. But the more casual players might be in trouble. They have choosen not to join a guild, or join one that doesn't bother with guildquests being done quick. And it are these casual players who are struggling to get enough resources for a couple of the special items. So trouble there.

*we'll have lots of new guild-drama's! The relative unimportant guildcoins already cause drama's when it takes too long to finish a quest. So guess what event-resource will bring us? When less active people feel forced to join guilds to try to gather enough resources, but just cant complete quests quick.

Seriously, it might sound nice *Do you want more thingies*. But it's a really really bad idea. It has negative impact on the casual players, and with that on the guilds and the community as a whole.

Then there is the general problem with polls/surveys: if not enough people vote, you might get a very unbalanced outcome. In this case the less active players are less likely to vote (they're not on the forums as often). And hey, the less active people actually have the most to fear from this suggestion. The outcome is a poll often doesn't show the mainstream opinion. People who (dis)agree the strongest are far more motivated to vote. While small in number they influence polls heavily, certainly when the vast majority doesn't bother to vote. If the participation is too low, a poll is completely useless. Now how many players are going to vote here? I'm pretty sure it's way a small % of the gamepopulation, and thereby... well useless.

Aks the wrong/incomplete question, and you'll get useless answers. Pretty handy though if you want to give people the suggestion you care about their opinion, or you're looking for ways to justify stupid decisions.

Reply to Thread