View Poll Results: Event Resources or Guild Coins?

Voters
2567. You may not vote on this poll
  • Event Resources

1,503 58.55%
  • Guild Coins

448 17.45%
  • I am fine with both options

616 24.00%
Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Quest Rewards: Guild Coins vs Event Resources during events

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Even seeing the result of how we voted tells us nothing. Based on feedback from polls in the past we know we could vote 100% for one of the options only to find out that worldwide the vote has gone in an entirely different direction. I'm also not in favour that we get a running count of the votes as this can lead to some just voting with the crowd as opposed to making a value judgement. I'm also not keen that that players are even allowed to post how they voted, I'd rather it was just players being allowed to state their case for a particular option.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I think voting should always be on an 'informed' basis so welcome seeing how others came to their decisions. My knee jerk reaction would have been to vote for Event Resources. With thought i voted for guild coins.

You will note that the wording for the poll did not in any way imply that our opinions count just that they were wanted.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I also find it surprising that there were only 2567 votes cast across 3 euro servers, that's an average of 856 per server. Barely covers half the membership of the front page guilds.
    considering
    1)how many people seem to never look at the login page or notice anything on it
    2) how many people also seem to be allergic to the idea of ever going near the forum
    I though it was quite a good number of people voted

World
    Newfoundland
    +1
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    A two day turnaround from poll closing to announcement is... well, it's a thing.

It would have been nice if there had at least been some acknowledgement of the feedback posts before the Official News was posted.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    A two day turnaround from poll closing to announcement is... well, it's a thing.

It would have been nice if there had at least been some acknowledgement of the feedback posts before the Official News was posted.
    They wouldn't of asked the question if the mechanics for doing it weren't already in place, so a 2 day turn round on announcing implementation is no surprise tbh. what does surprise me is the gq isn't tested properly and they are messing with it already.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    They wouldn't of asked the question if the mechanics for doing it weren't already in place, so a 2 day turn round on announcing implementation is no surprise tbh. what does surprise me is the gq isn't tested properly and they are messing with it already.
    The Diaries are often composed a little before they're published, they almost have to be, so even "two days" was really more 'the longest amount of time possible'. While the basic mechanics seem pretty standard and while the outcome was clearly expected a touch of effort in sustaining at least the appearance of a back and forth would have been helpful. It was a great opportunity for it, and for thanking players worldwide who took the time to contribute. There is still some room for it, if this is taken and presented as trial run, to be assessed as it progresses. That would cover responding both to popular opinion as well as leaving the door open for a change back in later events, if needed, which seems like a win/win for encouraging feedback.

Agreed about the current GQ hiccups.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 14.01.16 at 15:30. Reason: tweak - wandering 'the'

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Both

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    "Stripy Easter eggs (event resource) will be awarded upon completing the new event-related Guild Quests."

Given the speed BB implements new things, this wasn't decided just last week. Why on earth have a poll and give people the impression their opinion counted on this matter?

In fact a great idea not to look at the poll, there are serious issues with the ay the poll is formulated in this particular case and how polls function in general. But there's 1 thing worse then a poll: A poll which is obviously ignored and just to fake interest in players opinions.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Totally agree with everything said about why have a vote if it was irrelevant anyway. Intriguing is that only 2567 players voted. if this is from all the servers there is either a very small customer base here or the 'don't careless' players won by a mile.

Reply to Thread