Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Move general to star menu

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Move general to star menu

Hi,

I would suggest a new option for general to transfer him to star menu, for many reasons:

* Can transfer general faster specially if I could place him in another areas than landing zone.
    * I can resort my generals in adv instead of send back him to home and resend it.

And many advantages.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    This I support 100% my Island is full again and sorting generals out since the recent ''we land everywhere'' fix is proving problematic. At the very least change the behaviour of generals so they can be placed in all the random locations they now occupy.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    If this was optional via the GUI control panel I would support it, otherwise I will be one of the first to suggest it's removal if implemented.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    If this was optional via the GUI control panel I would support it, otherwise I will be one of the first to suggest it's removal if implemented.
    Yes i meant to be optional, in general window like transfer button.

World
    Sandycove
    +1
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    seen this suggested b4, would be great if bb implemented it, or even have a building they can land in, then maybe click the building to view gens and load/unload or just do it from star.
    all we need now is a name for this building... erm, how about Barracks?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 - I hate that they are now all over my island. And that one of my marshalls sneaked out of star and onto island, and I cant get rid of him.

Please also make it possible to dismiss the marshalls. I have no use for them.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    +1 - I hate that they are now all over my island. And that one of my marshalls sneaked out of star and onto island, and I cant get rid of him.

Please also make it possible to dismiss the marshalls. I have no use for them.
    +1

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Officer's Mess (Building for Generals)

I've been tinkering around with several building ideas and this is one of many concepts I would like to present: the Officer's Mess. This building can be an alternative to current general camp placment on home island. If implemented into game, this should be a rather high tier building, meaning it can only be purchased with beans.

The main idea behind this is to create more space for high level players who have many generals. The Officer's Mess should be about the size of barracks, maybe a bit bigger. When a player buys this building, all gens will automatically move to the Officer's Mess every time they arrive at the island. No more searching around for gens on map, no more waste of production spots, less clicks to manage troops - all in one place.

This is how it could look like:

Every single general a player owns will be added to the mid column. Hovering over each general will show a tool tip (like in barracks) giving more information about the general. When clicking on the general the player can do different things:

At the top troop selection is possible. The green/grey arrows are from another feature I would love to see in game: auto-unload troops (suggestion #1). In this case it works like this: if a general returns to home island he will enter the Officer's mess. Green arrow = auto-unload activated = selected troops will be unloaded. Grey arrow = auto-unload deactivated = troops stay with general.

The bottom row has several buttons:
    • "general name edit", which allows to change the name of each general.
    • "general number edit" (suggestion #2), which allows to assign a number to each general making it easier to distinguish them from each other when they are traveling across the map.
    • "battle logs" will lead to a new screen, showing recent battle logs and battle summaries (overall units killed, etc.)
    • "move general to star" allows to move certain generals to star if a player doesn't want them anymore
    • "accept troop selection"
    • "abort troop selection"

If needed more buttons could be added; so if you have suggestions what other buttons could be helpful just let me know and I can rework the design concept.

The building can be upgraded, but I'm not sure what effect the upgrade should have. Several ideas that might work out:
    • increases the number of generals that can fit inside the Officer's Mess
    • increases movementspeed on home island (gens leave the island faster)
    • gen travel time to adv island decreased, travel time to home island increased - or the other way around
    • increases population limit by x units each level
    • decreases travel time back to home island for troops that have not been assigned to gens (the ones that didn't fit or were forgotten to load)

World
    Sandycove
    Nicely done, and it would be a wonderful idea. And as long as landing zones couldn't be built on (I'd worry about underlying game mechanics if the generals couldn't technically "land" first - it might mess up the code) I think it could be incorporated. I'd be quite happy to make that an option that the general land as normal but I can select them to go to the Officer's Mess if desired. That might be easier from a coding perspective.

+1 to the concept

Closed Thread