Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Slim Browser Version

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Interesting, somehow it only installs and suddenly works only in Spanish...In browser I had English version normally, how do I change it?! Somehow I go on Spanish version and back to level 1..I logged in like I normally login on webbrowser...

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Theexpat View Post
    Interesting, somehow it only installs and suddenly works only in Spanish...In browser I had English version normally, how do I change it?! Somehow I go on Spanish version and back to level 1..I logged in like I normally login on webbrowser...
    On the first page you have to click on the "Already registered?" -button.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Did that and made sure to login before downloading also...hmm

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Theexpat View Post
    Did that and made sure to login before downloading also...hmm
    then make sure from the top left corner that you are on the European English server

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Also did that, anyway dont want to hijack this thread, will send support a mail.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've been playing with the lightweight browser since it released and I quite like it. I've had much fewer problems than previous when I was running the game in Firefox. Flash does not like to run too many things at the same time it seems and I often had Flash crash on me when I loaded a website that had some kind of Flash content, which still seems to be most of them. Since I moved to the dedicated client, I have had no problems so that's good.

However, there are some things that need improving. The thing needs a proper process name. It's currently a handful of processes all called nw.exe. Please change that to reflect the actual process. It currently looks like spyware. Another problem is that the client defaults to full screen. That's annoying design. Let it remember the last setting like almost all other software do. I like to run it in a full screen window because I do a lot of other stuff while playing. TSO is a background game for me and having to reduce the size from full screen down to a small window and back up to a large window is unnecessary work. Not entirely sure about the design of the side menu either. The Ctrl + Shift + F to hide it isn’t really an intuitive command. I wonder if a simple burger icon in a corner would have been a simpler solution. Or just a hidden top menu bar that appears on mouse over. It seems like the design is to make good use of the widescreen format but the menu takes quite a lot of screen real-estate.

Another thing that is related is the log-in screen. Why does it always assume that I’m a new player? It makes much more sense to assume that I’m an old player so it should show the log in stuff first. Let the new players push an extra button to get to the screen to create a new account. The normal website has a big button labelled Log In and a bar at the top where I can log in as well. It uses a cookie or similar to remember my username so then it should be able to remember that I have an account and show me that screen first.

Overall a great idea. It runs better than the normal Flash version in Firefox on my ancient laptop. Just some small nit-picks to sort out.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MuffinMule View Post
    Got quite enthused about this until after wading through the FAQs I discovered that it's Pepper Flash.
    Pass.
    Looks like the regular version is also running Pepper Flash too now. I got a different crash message just now saying that Pepper Flash had stopped instead of the usual Shockwave message.

World
    Northisle
    Chrome uses the Pepper plugin and since September 1, 2015 it hasn't supported the NPAPI plugin that can be downloaded from Adobe.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Is there any way of starting it up without going to full screen? The moment I click to start the browser, I have to stop doing what I am doing until it has started (which can take a while), and then take it out of full screen before proceeding. It would also be good if it could remember I have played before, and perhaps remember my password like my old browser did.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Crone View Post
    Is there any way of starting it up without going to full screen? The moment I click to start the browser, I have to stop doing what I am doing until it has started (which can take a while), and then take it out of full screen before proceeding. It would also be good if it could remember I have played before, and perhaps remember my password like my old browser did.
    This is why I dropped by the forums I would also like to know if this is possible because its the only things that bugs me about using this version of the game.
    Works great in all other aspects by the way.

Reply to Thread