Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Slim Browser Version

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

Slim Browser Version

great idea, cant wait to try it out, I do already have 1 suggestion tho. How about...
    Slim Browser WORKING Version, that would be really cool
    same old same old I guess, nice try bb but nm eh

World
    Northisle
    Have you looked at the FAQ for help

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    yep durin tried all that. maybe its a win10 issue, hope so coz then I can try it out when it gets resolved

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Too bad it uses chromium.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Comparing the system requirements with my PC - this thing is fat.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    For anyone who may be curious about what exactly a "Slim Browser Version" is exactly, since neither the homepage nor the FAQ really explain it, and even the download page is a little sparse, here are two posts borrowed from .net that might help:

Quote Originally Posted by theWhiteCane
    The "Slim Browser Version" (like the one they released for Anno Online) is a stand-alone, single-task browser. It works better if you have Chrome installed as it uses a different flash but you don't need Chrome to be installed for it to work.

I don't like to run Anno or TSO in the browser that I use for everything else b/c it bogs it down, adds memory, etc, so I have multiple web-browsers installed so I can basically dedicate on to TSO, one to Anno, and one to everything I use a browser for.

It's a higher overall memory use but the independent applications work better which means that browsing, TSO, and Anno each work better and are individually more responsive.

I used the slim version for Anno Online but I probably won't for TSO b/c I have a to-do list addon for the browser I set aside for TSO and I use it pretty heavily and it's convenient. The biggest downside I've noticed so far is the control bar on the right seems to be unhideable.

Click here for original

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Endesmor

The Slim Browser version is simply a bundle including a web browser (based on Chromium) and all the necessary add-ons to run the game. Is it configured to use the best settings for the game by default. You can play the game, access the forums and contact Customer Support through it.

We mention Google Chrome because it comes with a special Flash plugin which is often faster and offers better game performance than the original Adobe Plugin. The Slim Browser is compatible with both Flash Plugin versions.

Click here for original

All this assuming of course it's working properly. GL vigabrand!
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 14.01.16 at 17:48. Reason: Added OP's suggestion - forgot download page

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I tried it out for about 5 minutes - it did not seem to be able to load.
    Not sure it would work for me anyway. I like to have lots of browser tabs open, Sim in one, notes and guides- other games ...
    If it could solve the endless flash crash problem, then maybe I could be tempted, - but then it would have to work faster and more smooth than it does in my favourite browser.
    Forgot to tell that I am using win 10
    Last edited by Urd123; 14.01.16 at 18:17.

World
    Newfoundland
    It is working ok for me in win 10.

I would like to be able to remove the vertical toolbar down the left hand side, it takes up too much of the playong area.
    JJ.
    Everything comes to those who wait.

World
    Newfoundland

Unhappy Complain about The Settlers Online...

...you clearly didn't stated the publisher`s name, so windows smart screen is acting like this, could you fix this problem (error) ? Cause stating publisher`s name and fixing this problem could open many doors to lets say you putting this game on the Microsoft Store (which you haven`t do) allowing X-BOX players to login with their accounts.

Please run a quick update...
    Last edited by DrBoom; 14.01.16 at 19:53.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove

Slim browser version

Got quite enthused about this until after wading through the FAQs I discovered that it's Pepper Flash.
    Pass.

Reply to Thread