Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ali Baba Woodcutters

World
    Sandycove
    i think explorers are bring back enough i have 16 out looking and have more than enough to keep me going

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegor View Post
    Hi
    Like the new Ali Baba content. However i do not think there is much point in the new content if you can not get the new adventures. Explorer searches yield poor results, i get co-ops (delete them), Scenarios (delete them) map frags and VLT.

Please make Ali B woodcutter as easy to get as VLT. For example In the adventure menu for 595 map fragments
    and then what?
    then you will complain how explorer not worth to send on adventure searches because he can't bring any good adventures.....
    bad move is making adventure search worthless

also if you have max number of explorers they can bring you a lot young wood cutters.

i have 81 wood cutter now, i sold around 20 and played around 30
    BB don't understand their own game

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    -1 there must remain some kind of challenge within the game. Why make everything too easy?

Many of us waited too long for additional content, and the XP these adventure pay is enormous. To be able to obtain them with ease would just mean many would reach level 75 within months. What's the point in that? The challenge has already been set with the drops rates BB already assigned. I wouldn't want this changed.
    +1 for -1 and +1 for the -1 for post here

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    +1 for -1 and +1 for the -1 for post here
    wonders how the devs will parse that
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Well, the argument that everyone would be lvl 75 in a whimp is highly exaggerated. You need over 1 billion xp to get there, and if you would play 1 woodcutter adventure a day without premium it would cost you around 5 years to get to 75.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Well, the argument that everyone would be lvl 75 in a whimp is highly exaggerated. You need over 1 billion xp to get there, and if you would play 1 woodcutter adventure a day without premium it would cost you around 5 years to get to 75.
    I agree with this sentiment if not the math. Generally people need a reality check on where level 75 is. A woodcutter a day (non premium) would take a shade under 20 years to reach level 75 not 5 years. Doing a premium aladdin and the beautiful princess every day would take almost 3 years, assuming the loot table I'm looking at is accurate (around 680k non premium/just over million premium).

As to drop rates perhaps I'm just very lucky, 2 fast explorers (not lucky's) fully improved for adv searches have brought back 4 woodcutters in last 2 weeks which is about as fast as I can do them with a level 4 unbuffed elite barracks.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    I agree with this sentiment if not the math. Generally people need a reality check on where level 75 is. A woodcutter a day (non premium) would take a shade under 20 years to reach level 75 not 5 years. Doing a premium aladdin and the beautiful princess every day would take almost 3 years, assuming the loot table I'm looking at is accurate (around 680k non premium/just over million premium).

As to drop rates perhaps I'm just very lucky, 2 fast explorers (not lucky's) fully improved for adv searches have brought back 4 woodcutters in last 2 weeks which is about as fast as I can do them with a level 4 unbuffed elite barracks.
    You guys are forgetting that the woodcutters drop other adventures, which in turn drop mini quests, which in turn also drop high amounts of xp. Okay, perhaps months was a bit of an overstatement; maybe a year... But I have no doubts that upping the drop rate WOULD have an affect on the game as I previously stated...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    coninuously making game easier/good content easier available is not really the way to go - it ends up dumbing down the game to the extent that people will walk away as it is just a grind- Need some luck/challanges etc in a game and yes- some adversity to keep the juices flowing.

The best content should not be very easy to get- Explorers and follow ups fom fairies should keep enough coming in on average to keep it ticking over- then there is the added option (at times) to buy em with guildcoin and ofc there is trade. High end players do not need to get everything handed on a plate and have the edge in the market as well

So imo not making em available for map fragments is not a bad thing and as to lvl 75- that will need some more fleshing out of post 50 content and adventures to make it feasible anyway and whatever drprate there is on ali baba- 75 is a loooong way away even for the super hardcore adventure grinders

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    I am absolutely on the side to have an Ali Baba Woodcutter for map fragments in the adventure shop.
    Why we producing map fragments if we have no adventure to buy with?

Play VLT to get SLT to get BLT to get Wood Cutter is a non sense path to most of us and the chance is miserable.

+1

World
    Newfoundland
    what price would you put on the woodcutter? 5k? 10k? 20(ish)k?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread